Report this job
- Company:Brown Mackie College
- Contact:Not Available
- Location:Tucson, AZ 85712
- Base Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Education - Teaching - Administration
- Manages Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Management
- Req'd Education:4 Year Degree
- Req'd Experience:0 to 2 year(s)
Imagine a school so career-centric that the curriculum is developed by asking experts and employers to define the skills, knowledge and abilities that companies are looking for. Even our teachers have real-world experience. Career-oriented programs in the areas of accounting and business, criminal justice and legal studies, computer technology and healthcare. School isn't just books, lectures and exams. At Brown Mackie College, it's about preparing people for the real world. We combine theoretical learning with practical training—equipping our students with the skills and abilities that companies are looking for. As a Company comprising expert educators and highly motivated business people, Education Management Corporation (EDMC) offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for qualified individuals. Staff at the Company’s headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania are employed in corporate-level capacities of finance and accounting, audit, student financial aid, human resources, legal, advertising and marketing, education, general management, admissions, real estate, procurement, and information systems. EDMC schools are located in many major cities in the United States and employ individuals in positions that directly facilitate the education of our students and the services that support those students. We always put students first.
Imagine being part of a team that changes people’s lives. We populate our company with the best and the brightest... improving the processes we employ to identify, attract, select and retain great people. We spend every day creating ways to match exceptional people with outstanding opportunities. Join a company that’s experiencing incredible growth and be part of our success. We always put students first in every decision that we make. And we’re proud of the commitment to their success that we all share. At Brown Mackie College, and EDMC school, we measure our success by the success of our students and the impact they have on their world. And that success has led to steady, strategic growth, reaching more students, adding to our depth of programs, and providing greater employment opportunities for more people. We have charted a successful course that makes us an excellent choice for anyone who’s looking to grow their career with a dynamic and stable company. Along with your unique set of abilities and experiences, you have a practically unlimited potential for success. All you need is the chance to work in a supportive, collaborative environment. One that rewards innovation and initiative. And one that’s rich with opportunity. That’s exactly what you’ll find here at Brown Mackie College.
Responsible for recruiting qualified applicants for admission to the school in accordance with state and federal accreditation and company policies and regulations, consistent with the highest ethical standards. The Admissions - Assistant Director is responsible for managing time and inquiry resources to generate interest in our programs. This position will conduct a high quantity of prospect phone contacts to secure appointments and interview activity, and conduct follow-up activity with unresolved interviewees and future class applicants. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Accurately and completely explain educational programs, expected outcomes, students services, and financial consideration to students, parents, and educators.
- Manage inquiries to achieve prompt contact and performance activity weekly goals; utilize approved recruitment policies/formats; make prompt and effective contact with inquiries and redirect unqualified candidates based upon incompatible career goals.
- Secure new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered.
- Schedule and conduct interviews, pursue qualified candidates for enrollment, and determine appropriateness of candidates for admission based upon career goal compatibility.
- Accurately forecast projected new students on a periodic basis for Campus Admissions Head.
- Consistently conduct follow-up meetings, monthly at minimum, with all applicants to ensure successful matriculation.
- Assist other personnel and departments with data collection and problem solving.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Campus Admissions Head
Outside clients (potential students and their parents), staff and faculty
- Bachelors degree in Business or a related field is strongly preferred.
- 0-2 years admissions recruitment or non-durable goods sales experience.
- Possess a sincere interest in helping others achieve life goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Goal oriented and highly ethical.
- Strong expertise with MS Office as well as field related hardware and software packages and systems for reporting features.
- Continuous learning
- Personal Adaptability
- Job Knowledge
- Student Focus/Service
- Problem Solving
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.