The Art Institutes, with more than 45 locations in North America, is an important source of design, media arts, fashion, and culinary arts professionals.
The Art Institutes offer culinary arts curricula at more than 30 of The Art Institutes locations. The Art Institutes offers a broad range of programs and graduates are employed by companies and organizations of all types and size, including some of the most prominent companies in the United States, such as MTV, Time Warner, AT&T, Home Depot/EXPO Center, Lockheed Martin, Nordstrom, Nintendo of America, Walt Disney & Affiliates, Marriott, Yahoo Broadcast Services, Ernst & Young, Microsoft, Ford Motor Company, and the Fox Entertainment Group.
Everything we wear, watch, and listen to was inspired by a creative person with a passion for new ideas. It’s that passion that drives the students and instructors at The Art Institutes. We offer a dynamic, creative work environment for our faculty and staff - a team dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience and to the success of our students. Our faculty has the best tools possible for delivering the rigorous, career-focused, learner-centered education for which The Art Institute is known. Our staff enjoys an open, team-based work environment where performance is rewarded and staff development highly valued. Together, we all demonstrate our commitment to our mission in everything we do!
Provides leadership for and supervises the computer technicians within the EDMC Education System. Coordinates the processes and procedures of the technology function at the campus. Actively supports the growth of the schools’ technology skill and knowledge base. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position. Sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Supervises the work of campus technology staff. Assign and prioritize tasks; ensure completion of problem resolution.
- Selects, trains, develops, evaluates, and leads campus technology staff. Conducts periodic evaluative meetings (weekly, monthly, quarterly) with technology staff.
- Meets with employees annually to formalize performance plans and conduct performance reviews.
- Responsible for maintaining educational and administrative technical equipment for maximum availability and efficiency. Ensure that all lab equipment, peripherals, and software are adequately maintained with minimal down time.
- Evaluates usage patterns and re-designs allocation of resources as necessary. Proposes and evaluates processes and procedures for monitoring and controlling appropriate software on all machines. Monitors vendor maintenance agreements and utilization. Tracks and complies with all licensing agreements.
- Performs regular assessments and needed maintenance of campus based infrastructure including classroom servers.
- Assists the Regional Director of Technology and Campus Technology Director in developing and implementing the long-range plan and the annual technology plan for the school.
- Provide clear communications regarding the status of technology support to the local campus, CS Education, and EDMC IT.
- Travel, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Argosy University – Regional Campus Technology Manager
- The Art Institutes – Campus President
- Brown Mackie College – Regional Director of Technology
- South University – Campus Director of Technology
Campus technology staff.
EDMC IT, Campus Executive Committee, faculty, students and staff.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Five or more years of experience with hardware, software and affiliated technology with special emphasis in technology management in a post-secondary institution.
- Three or more years of strong expertise with the appropriate campus technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with all campus constituencies.
- Superior organization, prioritization, self-motivation, and problem resolution skills.
- Analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Interact effectively as a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.), understand requests, and respond to needs.
- Set priorities and work schedule at the campus level.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.