Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Responsible for fostering a fun environment
- Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and co-workers
- Responsible for promoting a positive influence in the community and participating in company-sponsored events
- Monitors guest consumption of alcohol and intervenes as needed according to guidelines
- Serves as ambassador of goodwill while working and at customer and public relations functions; appears in publicity photos
- Promotes gaming events and programs
- Provides personalized service and uses guest name
- Resolves service problems according to guidelines
- Provides fast, friendly, professional beverage service to gaming guests and beverage servers. (e.g., 2 minute or less production cycle for 15 drink tray)
- Prepares and pours drink orders with proper portions and ingredients according to recipe, communicates with beverage servers, and presents drinks to guests or servers as required
- Slices and pits fruit as required
- Operates and maintains all equipment and utensils as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures
- Operates a cash register/POS System, ringing proper amount into the register and giving the guest or server the correct change; accounts for all cash, charge and complimentary sales according to established procedure; maintains integrity of all financial controls and responsibilities.
- Works well with others, especially beverage servers, bartenders, barbacks, beverage supervisor, and gaming supervisor
- Maintains a clean and stocked workstation in accordance with established health and safety guidelines
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests
- Must enjoy hosting others
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Count money and change correctly
- Knows cocktail ingredients and proper mixing and pouring techniques
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
- Able to work in constricting areas
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties
Something to leave you with:
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Penn National Gaming owns, operates or has ownership interests in gaming and racing facilities with a focus on slot machine entertainment. The Company presently operates twenty-nine facilities in nineteen jurisdictions, including Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia, and Ontario. In aggregate, Penn National's operated facilities feature approximately 36,800 gaming machines, 850 table games, 2,900 hotel rooms and 1.6 million square feet of gaming floor space.