LATAM General Ledger Accountant
Brink’s, Incorporated is a premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a LATAM General Ledger Accounting.
The LATAM-Brazil GL Accounting is responsible for providing Shared Services with management and financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and assisting preparing financial statements.
Is responsible for performing a variety of complex bookkeeping duties to include gathering, organizing and preparing journal entries. Additional duties requested may include preparation, posting, reconciliation and month end reporting and account balancing including processing large volumes of accounting transactions in a timely manner, following Standard Accounting Policies and Procedures and ensuring that the Customers are responded to in an accurate manner.
• Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments for countries assigned.
• Maintains the general ledger mainly for Brazil and other countries might be assigned by ensuring all data is accurate, timely and relevant and is reflective of what the actual country activity is.
• Analyzes information and options by developing spread sheet reports; verifying information.
• Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
• Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
• Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes and ensuring that the procedures in place are being followed
• Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Provides accounting support for countries assigned by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Other duties as required.
• Ability to perform well in a team environment, including sharing information and assisting others with close and reporting duties to meet monthly deadlines.
• Courage to report issues and offer analysis of the issues and possible solutions.
• Awareness of need to continually improve the team’s processes and analysis.
• Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Through knowledge and experience with the financial closing process (for full P&L monthly/quarterly/annual cycles) and accountabilities of the accounting and finance area.
• Broad knowledge of financial transaction flows from source systems to the general ledger..
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in an Accounting role.
• Fluency in ENGLISH and PORTUGUESE.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Oracle knowledge
• Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills in both languages: English and Portuguese.
• Ability to work in a large corporate setting
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s, Incorporated. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401(k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a company dedicated to worldwide secure logistics solutions, we seek individuals with passion and enthusiasm for their work, exceptional talent, unwavering integrity, and commitment. Brink's offers an array of opportunities for the right candidates ranging from entry level positions to management trainees and other business professionals. Our goal is to support your career advancement with developmental opportunities that will assist and encourage your growth both in and out of the work environment.
Brink's employees are among the best and the brightest. We are a company that cares about employees and their families and provides a dynamic and challenging corporate culture that promotes new thinking and which rewards contribution. Our goal is to create a diverse team, where people from different backgrounds, work experiences and cultures work hand-in-hand to support common objectives. Together, we celebrate the accomplishments of our people, our company and our communities.
If you're ready to play a vital role in a growing, Fortune 1000® company recognized for service excellence, you've come to the right place. A career at Brink's can provide you with opportunities to fulfill almost any ambition. Start your exciting Brink's career today.