Account Executive - Bilingual Japanese/English
Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Melville, New York, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers' Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. Canon U.S.A's extensive product line and digital solutions enable businesses and consumers worldwide to capture, store and distribute information.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office
Canon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Are you seeking a new opportunity to work for one of the world’s most admired and respected companies? The Sales & Marketing team at Anelva Products Group, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, is looking for an Account Executive with skills and competency to manage and achieve planned sales revenue and order booking. If you are a successful sales professional with experience selling either semiconductor, ultra high vacuum, or related equipment, and have a strong desire to work in an intellectually stimulating business environment, we want to talk to you! This position requires bilingual communication skills (Japanese/English).
Responsibilities of Account Executive includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Manage existing customers and develop new customers by directly communicating with them to offer solutions through sales of Canon Anelva products. Negotiate, quote price, and close sales in a timely and efficient manner.
- Achieve planned booking & revenue goals.
- Work closely with sales, service and engineering teams in US, Japan, and other global locations to provide solutions to customers efficiently.
- Interface directly with existing and new customers to provide solutions through sales of Canon Anelva products. Explain product information, negotiate, quote prices, and close sales.
- Manage and oversee account activities. Coordinate with and mobilize sales, engineering, and service support teams to manage customers' needs.
- Grow booking & revenue of semiconductor systems. Lead commercial negotiations utilizing persuasive sales techniques.
- Generate reports for internal team members on activities and updates at new and existing customers.
Requires presentation, writing and verbal communication skills both in English and Japanese.
- Bachelor''s degree in technical, business, and/or marketing discipline is highly preferred with 2-4 years of related sales experience.
- Job requires an understanding of sales principles and tactics, and ability to effectively interface with customers.
- 2-4 years of selling capital equipment or vacuum components in the semiconductor, digital storage device, or flat panel display industry is preferred. Also considered are candidates with successful track record in high-technology industries such as IT, communications, electronics, robotics and automation, specialty materials, medical device, or aerospace.
- Knowledge of vacuum technology and/or semiconductor market is a plus.
- Must maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Job may require up to 50% travel.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Melville, NY, is a leader in professional business, consumer and industrial imaging equipment and information
systems. Our extensive product line and digital solutions enable
businesses and consumers worldwide to capture, store, and distribute
information. Canon products include color and black-and-white copiers, printers, image filing systems, facsimile machines, cameras and lenses, camcorders, healthcare technologies, semiconductor, broadcast, encoders/optoelectric components and optical equipment, flatbed scanners, and other specialized industrial
products. The Company is listed by Fortune as one of the "World's Most
Admired Companies" and is on the Business Week's list of "100 Best
Global Brands." Canon is committed to the highest levels of customer
satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100% U.S.-based consumer service and
support for all products.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
San Jose, CA 95134
- Employee Type:
- Manages Others:
- Job Type:
Canon's founding mission was to build a company that created
high-quality cameras. Canon realized this dream in 1936 when it released
the Hansa Canon, the first 35mm focal-plane shutter camera. During the
ensuing 60 years, our technological strengths have helped us to also
become a leading digital imaging and networking company and a dominant
force in personal and office printers, copiers, controllers and fax
machines. We also have applied our innovative skills in environmental
technologies, as well as medical, semiconductor, and broadcasting
equipment. We will continue to develop innovative technologies as a
means of bettering the world we live in — redefining the workplace and
Innovation has been a key ingredient in Canon's success throughout
our history. We are one of the most prolific inventors of consumer and
professional imaging solutions. Canon ranked #3 worldwide among all
companies issued U.S. patents in 2004. For the last 20 years, Canon has
maintained a global ranking in the top five, with a total of 26,528 U.S.
patents granted in our almost 70-year corporate history. Canon Inc.
consistently devotes approximately 10% of its net sales to R&D
investment each year. Our R&D divisions in Japan and nine R&D
facilities throughout the world are dedicated to developing custom
products and solutions for customers worldwide.
Some products developed from Canon R&D and patented
technology include the laser beam print engine, Bubble Jet Printing
systems, plain-paper copying devices, eye-control focus systems for
cameras and camcorders, and optical image stabilization for video
cameras, broadcast lenses, and binoculars. Whatever the product, our
emphasis on quality as well as original technologies has earned us the
trust of customers around the world.
- Canon U.S.A.: Offers an extensive line of consumer,
business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions.
- Founded: New York Branch was established in 1955 and formally
incorporated as Canon U.S.A., Inc. in 1965.
- Corporate headquarters: Melville, New York.
- President and Chief Executive Officer: Joe Adachi
- Leader in: Professional business and consumer imaging equipment
and information systems.
- Products include: color and black-and-white copiers, printers,
image filing systems, facsimile machines, cameras and lenses,
camcorders, semiconductor, broadcast, encoders/optoelectric components
and optical equipment, eyecare and digital radiography systems, flatbed
scanners, and other specialized industrial products.
- Sales and Support Offices: More than 21 offices throughout
Canon is proud of its long and unwavering tradition of
protecting and preserving our most precious of resources — the world we
share. We work to harmonize environmental commitment and economic
interests in all our business activities. We believe this balance is
essential to sustain prosperity for future generations.
This is not new thinking at Canon. As a global organization, we at
Canon understand our responsibility for the impact we make on society
and the environment. That is why, from our founding, Canon's corporate
philosophy has been kyosei — which we define as "all people, regardless
of race, religion, or culture, harmoniously living and working together
into the future."
At all of our office locations, and throughout our manufacturing and
sales operations, Canon maintains a deep commitment to social and environmental responsibility. This
determination to live and work together for the common good — Canon
kyosei — permeates everything we do: from research and development, to
product manufacturing, marketing, sales and distribution.
At Canon, we believe every manufacturer has a responsibility to
ensure its operations and practices are environmentally sound. We apply
this standard for environmental respect to every stage of our
operations. At every step, we make energy and resource conservation and
the elimination of hazardous substances our most important goals. That
is why Canon is recognized for producing some of the worlds most energy
Kyosei also drives our commitment to establishing good relations not
only with our customers, but also with the communities in which we
Our dedication to kyosei guides our tradition of commitment to
protect and preserve our most precious of resources — the world we
share, the communities we serve, and the lives we touch. We do this
through environmental, conservation, recycling and sustainability initiatives. We also practice kyosei through social and educational programs on behalf of young people and
those in need.
This is our corporate philosophy, and it unites all
Canon companies and employees together in contributing to the prosperity
of humanity and the protection of the world we share.