Responsible for the transition of product quote or concept to manufacturing and providing design engineering and project management resources for larger long term projects. The Engineer is expected to be in a hands on role as required to meet prototype schedules. This will be accomplished in order to meet production commitments and insure adherence to corporate production quality initiatives. Establish and solidify good working relationships within our company, customers and vendors.Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Interact with internal teams and suppliers regularly.
• Interact with customer and vendors to address technical and obsolescence issues.
• Provide daily support for technical issues.
• Review customer specifications to determine project feasibility.
• Receive and review RFQ Package (Bill of Materials (BOM) and drawings or sample product) from the sales staff or customer.
• Identify shortcomings in RFQ package and work with sales staff or customer to complete package needs.
• Prepare specifications that conform to the customer part number scheme or create accurate part numbers for designed product using our part numbering scheme.
• Review the drawings and visualize the steps required to manufacture the product.
• Review, revise and control system information based on revision changes and feedback from customer.
• Provide revisions on all controlled documentation.
• Produce mechanical, electro-mechanical and electronic designs created in 2-D, mechanical drawings, and in 3-D solid models.
• Perform technical duties on assigned projects to transition prototype assemblies to volume manufacturing.
• Manage and prioritize daily work builds issued by production engineering group supervisor.
• Supporting the release of new product to volume manufacturing.
• Review and assembly of first article builds.
• Correctly identifying production needs for tooling and equipment for current build.
• Provide technical support for non-conformance or rejections designs or processes initiated from planning and production.
• Initiate status updates as necessary.
• Work within team format to assist in completing supplier surveys and answer customer audit findings.
• Collaborate with staff to identify and meet customer delivery and quality needs.
• Participate in continuous improvement projects such as redesign of customer product and internal process improvement to increase efficiency and quality.
• Participate in ongoing training on production processes, procedures and competencies.
• Build an environment of trust and team-work within the production group.
• Ensure that housekeeping is done on a daily/nightly basis.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in manufacturing or design engineering with project management skills and technical application experience
• B.S. Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent degree
• Technical background in and a working knowledge of electronic components and equipment REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Advanced Computer knowledge required
• Working knowledge of mainframe computer such as IBM AS400 desired
• Advanced computer abilities in Microsoft Office products focusing in Word, Excel and Access
• Knowledge of SolidWorks AutoCAD; 2D & 3D programs similar to “Inventor”
• Ability to read and understand customer supplied drawings in various formats – (CAD style) in order to identify parts, construction, etc.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.