As part of the applications development discipline, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. Coordinates with users to determine requirements. Codes, tests, debug documents and implements complex software applications. May coordinate activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs. Interprets business requirements and identifies technical solutions to meet business objectives. May be involved in 7-by-24 production support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Analyzes, codes, tests and documents routine enhancements made to new and/or existing programs.
* Participates in 24x7 production support on-call rotation.
* Demonstrates proven knowledge in one or more applications or systems.
* Designs, codes, tests and implements application programs in accordance with client specifications.
* Interprets business requirements and identifies solutions to meet business objectives.
* Oversees the advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution functions for software products.
* Coordinates project resources for application projects with minor complexity.
* Analyzes application systems and programming logic problems and, where necessary, revises logic and procedures.
* Other duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Undergraduate degree in computer-related field.
* 3-6 years of related experience in a large, matrixed IT application development environment.
* 3-6 years experience with JCL, COBOL and/or SAS and familiarity with XML beneficial
* Experience leading a small team of developers to meet department objectives and deadlines
* Demonstrated strong communication skills and experience dealing with commercial clients
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $130 billion in assets, operates 17 affiliates with 1,320 full-service Banking Centers, including 104 Bank Mart® locations, most open seven days a week, inside select grocery stores and 2,586 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third also has a 25% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2013, had $302 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $27 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations.
Fifth Third Bank is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Females / Individuals with Disabilities / Protected Veterans
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.