| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Project Implementation Manager
|Job Reference Number
Strategy - Planning
The selected Manager-Project Implementation candidate will lead a team responsible for implementation of network macro and small cells. The team consists of regional real estate specialists, construction engineers, and equipment engineers. The selected candidate is responsible for leasing, permitting, equipment, and construction activity necessary to activate new macro and small cells.
- The candidate will be responsible for meeting/exceeding aggressive cell site build out targets and expanding the pipeline of site candidates. This Manager will serve as the liaison with various regional & non-regional teams and vendors to facilitate the resolution of issues and concerns related to the deployment of new cell sites including network real estate, HQ, and Area teams.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Overall responsible for ensuring all build projects are completed per established schedules and within allocated capital budgets
- Managing the related capital and expense budgets per established guidelines and targeted objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with controller’s budgetary policies and procedures
- Evaluation of prospective vendors and contractors.
- Soliciting bids, negotiating and awarding contracts associated with cell site related projects - from inception through completion.
- Development of his/her team members, maintaining a positive work environment, while meeting targeted team and personal objectives
- Engineering, equipping, and constructing new cell deployments
- Securing executed leases and permitting for the build program.
- Acting as liaison between VZW and landlords for network related work and issues
- Acting as an oversight to milestone contractors to ensure that VZW is being represented in the appropriate manner.
- Securing all of the Regulatory Due Diligence documentation required (SHPO/FCC/Environmental) to properly execute leases and amendments according to VZW processes.
- Inputting and maintaining all Real Estate, EMIS and Net Work Flow data bases in accordance with VZW processes.
- Managing and tracking the milestones of all contractors and consultants working on projects associated with this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical, business administration or financial disciplines necessary.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the wireless telecommunications industry in positions of increasing scope and responsibility.
- Strong leadership, organizational, & financial skills, and the ability to develop, manage and track the execution of multiple projects simultaneously. Direct management experience preferred; or equivalent technical project leadership involving complex projects, multiple teams, requirements gathering, timeline based deliverables, direct vendor management, and experience providing direction to those team members is required. Demonstration of solid decision making skills required.
- Experience in successful deployment of large-scale wireless infrastructure initiatives is desirable
- Wireless real estate process & activities experience desirable
- Experience with equipment inventory process & methodologies is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and coach large diverse teams toward common goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to deliver quality results and to meet/exceed objectives while working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively manage external vendors & deliverables
- Excellent project management skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver upon commitments, goals and objectives.
- Strong technical, analytical problem solving and project management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal/presentation communication skills as the job will require frequent interaction with Executive staff as well as public planning/zoning organizations and peers
- Must be willing to travel at least 25% of the time and be responsive to meeting the ever growing needs of the business.
- Must have a valid driver's license
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.