Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a management consulting firm that primarily serves public sector education, health, human services, and other state, county, and municipal government clients. Established in 1986 with headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 1,200 employees operating in 42 offices across the U.S. and in Montreal, Canada and Lodz, Poland. The firm has extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in the European Union.
Because PCG has dedicated itself almost exclusively to the public sector for 25 years, the firm has developed a deep understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements and fiscal constraints that often dictate a public agency's ability to meet the needs of the populations it serves. We have helped numerous public sector organizations to maximize resources, make better management decisions using performance measurement techniques, improve business processes, improve federal and state compliance, and improve client outcomes
PCG is seeking an experienced Business System Analyst to work in our Nashville, TN office. The analyst will be responsible for working with a customer service team to triage and provide tier 2 support for early intervention claim issues. Early intervention is a social service program for children ages 0-3 with developmental delays, and it receives a mix of Medicaid, private health insurance, federal, state and local funding. Apart from supporting the customer service team, the analyst will support project planning, resource planning, requirement gathering, system testing, document preparation, client facing issues, quality assurance, training end client, successful implementation, and prompt turnaround of all assignments.
Business System Analyst Responsibilities:
- Monitors project progress by identifying project milestones; tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; and recommending actions.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures. Provide reference material for end-users by writing and maintaining documentation; providing support; and training to all users.
- Create and maintain system documentation supporting all application patches and upgrades, creation of tests cases and performing full cycle testing
- Reporting of all system issues (bugs) by clear documentation
- Perform, track and support all non-technical system configurations such as; setting up new user profiles, mapping EDI segments, creating provider profiles, and creation of user roles based on new programs
- Perform data analysis and documentation through various mechanisms such as claims system, queries; and review of the system; identify potential areas of automation, and reengineer the underlying business process.
- Determines operational objectives by business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements; analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Serve as a liaison for IT Manager(s), development staff, and the project stakeholders.
- Elicit business knowledge such as process flows, business rules and algorithms from knowledge workers.
- Knowledgeable in SharePoint, Microsoft Office products; SQL and query writing
- Experience working through and understanding of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze, understand and summarize key issues.
- Ability to work as a team player in a dynamic, team-oriented, deliverable-focused, and professional environment.
- Ability to shift focus as necessary when priorities change without losing sight of original assignments
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of professional experience in the role of a business analyst, systems analyst or related work experience
- Experience with early intervention or other social and educational programs desireable
- Limited out of state travel may be required (10%-25%), especially for initial training and onboarding
PCG is an EEO,AA,VEVRAA Employer
Public Consulting Group (PCG) provides industry-leading management consulting and technology to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Public Consulting Group (PCG) has more than 1,100 professionals in 44 offices around the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe who are dedicated to delivering leading consulting approaches and technologies to public sector clients.
Not Ready To Apply?