| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
|Job Reference Number
Responsible for supporting the transport engineering team with projects such as the cell build program, transport hardware conversions, T1 additions, Fiber to Cell, Ethernet Backhaul, and small cells.
These are the responsible tasks that this job will entail:
- Responsible for cutting purchase orders on behalf of the transport team in PeopleSoft.
- Responsible for sending out request for proposals to transport vendors to obtain price quotes for transport related services.
- Responsible for submitting circuit orders (ASRs) for T1, Ethernet Backhaul, DS3, OCx, and dark fiber.
- Negotiating with transport vendors for timely delivery of service and managing the vendors for a timely completion.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate records are populated via the Granite Xng database.
- Audit existing transport configurations to identify inaccuracies or cost saving opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in experience in telecommunications with focus on transport.
- Strong networking experience to include Layer-1, Layer-2 & Layer-3 principles.
- Experience with the Telcordia Granite Inventory (formerly Xpercom/Xng) circuit inventory system.
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Decision making skills (making appropriate use of available information and data; making sound decisions with minimal support from Manager; and being responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes.)
- Superior organizational and planning skills (setting and communicating priorities; anticipating workload impact on resources of both self and team; delegating where appropriate; and consistently following up on outstanding items).
- Ability to maintain performance level under varying degrees of pressure and uncertainty and to effectively deal with situations for which few or no guidelines exist.
- Flexible and creative (seeks out and attempts alternate solutions to resolve issues, and seamlessly adjusts to a dynamic, changing business environment).
- Must work in a VzW office in one of these locations: Bloomington, MN, Mankato, MN, or Alexandria, MN
- Valid driver’s license required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.