CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. We are an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions - including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television - provide innovative solutions to our customers. We provide data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations.
CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com
The ideal Senior Engineer will be able to:
- Utilize Fireworks and Bidmaster on a daily basis to create projects and Work Orders as they are submitted.
- Identify projects are correctly planned as capital vs. expense per the CenturyLink Plant Accounting Manual requirements and are directed to the correct budget cost centers.
- Manage the Bidmaster C.U.P. (Contractor Unit Placement) and Invoice process, review vendor billing for accuracy and compliance with engineered project plan requirements.
- Ensure timely receipt, compile and distribute required project documentation from contractors to adhere to corporate documentation standards.
- Complete and process change orders and/or amendments for work orders and contract bids with the Construction Manager to ensure timely payment of contractor invoices.
- Manage OSP Construction Bid Process, creation of required bid documentation (OSPMSA Annex and bidchecklist), develop bid and project schedules and the review of bids for accuracy to provide recommendation to approve or reject.
- Coordinate and attend pre-bid meetings, pre-construction meetings and post-construction meetings between permitting authorities, third party inspectors, customers, and contract personnel.
- Manage multiple construction projects during engineering and construction.
- Completion of projects in timely cost efficient manner to meet customer expectations, dates and budgets meeting company guidelines and manage the projects to reduce CWIP (Construction Work in Progress), IDC (Interest During Construction) and meet STI objectives.
- The incumbent must plan and organize work duties and schedules to run multiple projects concurrently.
- The position requires a high level of communication, coordination and planning.
- Analyzes and resolves work and schedule problems, and/or assist other managers and contractors in solving work problems.
- Supervise the activities of subcontractors in accordance with company safety policies and quality standards.
- Manage contract engineering firms to research ROW, produce construction drawing packages, create and submit permits and as built documentation as well as inspection services.
- Fully understand all obligations under the terms of the project related contracts and effectively bring to bear all available resources to meet these obligations.
- Experienced and adept at determining issues outside the scope of work that translates into a negotiated change order, if warranted.
- Assist with TECO functions to ensure projects close out correctly and that company assets are recorded and/or retired correctly in the CPR (Continuing Plant Records) system in accordance with the CenturyLink Plant Accounting Manual.
- Comparing and analyzing plans, engineering prints, written job descriptions, estimates and other various documents associated with CenturyLink Projects.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing, to internal and external customers that request information.
- Forecast and analyze budgets. Compare costs associated to projects to ensure assets are accounted for correctly.
- Create and analyze unitized estimates related to OSP Engineering and Construction used to install new outside plant facilities, adjust or protect existing facilities, installing new laterals to access customer sites and overbuilds for exhausted facilities staying within budgetary, manpower, and time constraints.
- Maintaining internal databases, documentation, schedules and reports needed to accurately track project status, costs and changes.
- Consistently implement new techniques and procedures that will increase productivity and lower costs.
- Provide 24 hour a day, seven days a week on call support to coordinate contractor response to support network emergencies.
- Occasional weekend work and late night work will occur.
Report this job
Not Ready To Apply ?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.