Fifth Third Bank
Job Posted Date:
Lead Applications Developer
As part of the applications development discipline, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. Coordinates with users, business analysts and other developer to determine requirements and effective solutions. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software applications. May coordinate activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs. Functions as technical lead and acts as liaison between business units. Provides training and direction to team members. May be involved in 7-by-24 production support
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyzes, codes, tests and documents complex enhancements made to new and/or existing programs.
• Participant in production support: troubleshooting and issue resolution.
• Demonstrates proven knowledge in one or more applications or systems.
• Designs, codes, tests and implements application programs in accordance with requirements and standards.
• Able to produce accurate, readable documentation related to software systems.
• Able to identify efficient and practical solutions to meet business objectives.
• May be technical lead on larger projects and may act as project lead on smaller projects/development efforts.
• Reviews and recommends vendor products, develops technical specifications and interfaces with other applications.
• Perform code reviews and mentor other developers.
• Ability to wear multiple hats not necessarily all related to writing code.
• Acts as a liaison to define business requirements and/or problems and initiates maintenance of existing programs or designs of a new application.
• Able to collaborate well with others, and work on a large team across several areas within the bank.
• Other duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Experience with Microsoft .Net development languages: C#, VB, ASP.Net from versions 1.1 through 4.0.
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environments from 2008 to 2010.
• Experience in creating effective, high-performing web pages and web services.
• Experience in creating effective relational databases, writing high-performing SQL queries and stored procedures.
• Good understanding of web communication, and sound internet security practices.
• Undergraduate degree in computer-related field.
• 6-8 years of related experience.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS NOT REQUIRED BUT HELPFUL:
• WCF, jQuery, Test driven development, Clear Case, Clear Quest, HP Quality Center, Sql Server 20xx, DB2, IIS 5, Classic ASP, COM objects, VB 6.0, ETL
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $130 billion in assets, operates 17 affiliates with 1,320 full-service Banking Centers, including 104 Bank Mart® locations, most open seven days a week, inside select grocery stores and 2,586 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third also has a 25% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2013, had $302 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $27 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations.
Fifth Third Bank is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Females / Individuals with Disabilities / Protected Veterans
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.