Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 1,300 professionals in 45 offices around the U.S., Canada, Poland, and the UK. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
PCG currently seeks a Database Developer to work in our Sacramento location. The person will work with senior business and technical personnel to help convert (re-platform) a legacy system to a modern .NET framework. This effort requires the development of user interfaces, business rules, database queries and stored procedures, and application maintenance. Responsibilities
• Act as an experienced database developer for the system re-platforming project
• Design and develop databases based on an understanding of business and customer requirements
• Code, install, and debug database queries and stored procedures using appropriate tools or editors
• Convert legacy (similar to COBOL) code to SQL database queries and stored procedures
• Develop system reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
• Participate in data conversion activities including the development, testing and execution of data conversion scripts
• Develop and facilitate the exchange of data with external data systems
• Troubleshoot and tune complex SQL queries and stored procedures for optimal system performance
• Produce database related documentation such as a Data Dictionary and logical and physical diagrams
• 8+ years of experience (desired) in developing database projects with 3+ years (desired) using Microsoft SQL Server.
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server relational database design, T-SQL required, adept at creating stored procedures, views, user-defined functions, table functions
• Experience in Data Modeling, Database design and well versed with SQL Server best practices
• Good in performance tuning especially tuning complex queries, procedure and indexing strategies
• Experience with legacy programming, especially COBOL
• Strong in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for ETL and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for report generation
• Experience with data conversion techniques and best practices
• Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server a plus
• Accurately estimate work and meet deadlines
• Fluent communication and interpersonal skills with customers, business teams, and technical colleagues
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Very strong customer service orientation
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
PCG is an AA/EEO/VEVRA employer
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
Public Consulting Group (PCG) provides industry-leading management consulting and technology to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Public Consulting Group (PCG) has more than 1,100 professionals in 44 offices around the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe who are dedicated to delivering leading consulting approaches and technologies to public sector clients.
Not Ready To Apply?