Learn More about Teledyne Technologies
Click Here To Learn About All The Teledyne Companies
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated is a leading provider of sophisticated electronic components and subsystems, instrumentation and communications products, including defense electronics, monitoring and control instrumentation for marine, environmental and industrial applications, harsh environment interconnect products, data acquisition and communications equipment for air transport and business aircraft, and components and subsystems for wireless and satellite communications. We also provide engineered systems and information technology services for defense, space and environmental applications, manufacture general aviation engines and components, and supply energy generation, energy storage and small propulsion products.
We serve niche market segments where performance, precision and reliability are critical. Our customers include government agencies, aerospace prime contractors, energy exploration and production companies, major industrial companies, and airlines and general aviation companies.
We are looking for an Engineering Program Manager with the right composition of knowledge, experience, spirit and drive, to join a dynamic team that develops leading edge test and measurement products. Engineering teams around the globe use our systems to develop next-generation communication, consumer electronics and computer products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Be part of a Program management team, working closely with management, responsible to lead company’s product lines. This includes:
• Analysis of market trends, definition of new products, and management of product roadmaps
• Definition of project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Communicating with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
2. Work with Program and Engineering teams to manage product development through all design phases to full product release:
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals. Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
3. Lead and manage Engineering project teams through full development cycles of cutting-edge test & measurement tools for various technologies:
• Identify, manage and resolve project dependencies, conflicts and critical path.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
4. Represent the company and participate in Industry activities to support company’s business objectives.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Will this position have any direct reports? Yes No [Not initially]
Experience, Training, Skills, etc.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills – a must!
• Team Player, Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
• Open minded, quick learner, creative, likes challenges
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues, products and apply new technologies.
• Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in leading and/or managing engineering teams
• Proven record of successful delivery of products per definition and plan
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, requirements and timelines, and reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Ability to communicate with team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
• Experience with collaboration tools and configuration management tools.
• Deep understanding and knowledge of Ethernet-based Network Communication Protocols and Storage communication protocols like 10GigE, 40GigE, FcoE, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, and other.
• Customer service skills an asset.
• Experience with Monitoring and/or Test & Measurement tools
• Hardware architecture, ASIC/FPGA design, Experience with TCP/IP design
• Experience with one or more of the following protocols: PCIe, USB, SAS, SATA, Infiniband
• Willing and able to be hands on manager when required.
• Experience in working with offshore engineering teams
◦BS in EE, CS or Computer Engineering – a must
◦MS in EE is a plus
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.