Sr. Security Administrator
- Reviews security reports and security systems on a daily basis to detect attempted or unauthorized access to information assets. Notifies management of such access and takes appropriate action
- Consult with users to determine requirements and provide security solutions to meet needs. Maintains security groups to ensure appropriate information access levels and security clearances are maintained
- Performs random and requested security audits. Provides documentary evidence to support internal and external audits
- Provides technical assistance, direction and training to data security representatives as necessary. Performs periodic validation of completed access requests to ensure accuracy and adherence to security and audit standards
- Responsible for the day-to-day monitoring, scanning, response, and operational reporting of information security
- Supports information security procedures to safeguard against inadvertent disclosure of confidential data and unauthorized access to computing environments.
High school diploma or equivalent experience required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
At least two years of Active Directory and application level security is required
Knowledge of HIPAA, Health Information Technology, Intrusion Detection, virus detection, disaster recovery and industry security standards is preferred
Three or more years of experience in information security and five or more years of experience in information technology required
In-depth understanding of network and system security technology and practices across all major-computing areas with a special emphasis on Internet related technology
Owned by the people of Bexar County, University Health System is a nationally recognized academic medical center. In partnership with UT Medicine San Antonio, the practice plan of The University of Texas Health Science Center, it is consistently recognized as a leader in advanced treatment options, new technologies and clinical research.
Just recently, U.S. News & World Report ranked University Hospital as the Best Metro Hospital and Best for nephrology and urology.
Also, University Hospital is the only pediatric trauma center for San Antonio and South Texas. The trauma team at University Hospital is recognized for its expertise in treating serious injuries and burns in children by the American College of Surgeons (ACS). The ACS verified University Hospital as a pediatric trauma center in October 2012, after a lengthy application process and site visit.