Report this job
- Company:Brown Mackie College
- Contact:Not Available
- Location:Louisville, KY 40219
- Base Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Education - Teaching - Administration
- Manages Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Management
- Req'd Education:Graduate Degree
- Req'd Experience:3 to 5 years
Imagine a school so career-centric that the curriculum is developed by asking experts and employers to define the skills, knowledge and abilities that companies are looking for. Even our teachers have real-world experience. Career-oriented programs in the areas of accounting and business, criminal justice and legal studies, computer technology and healthcare. School isn't just books, lectures and exams. At Brown Mackie College, it's about preparing people for the real world. We combine theoretical learning with practical training—equipping our students with the skills and abilities that companies are looking for. As a Company comprising expert educators and highly motivated business people, Education Management Corporation (EDMC) offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for qualified individuals. Staff at the Company’s headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania are employed in corporate-level capacities of finance and accounting, audit, student financial aid, human resources, legal, advertising and marketing, education, general management, admissions, real estate, procurement, and information systems. EDMC schools are located in many major cities in the United States and employ individuals in positions that directly facilitate the education of our students and the services that support those students. We always put students first.
Imagine being part of a team that changes people’s lives. We populate our company with the best and the brightest... improving the processes we employ to identify, attract, select and retain great people. We spend every day creating ways to match exceptional people with outstanding opportunities. Join a company that’s experiencing incredible growth and be part of our success. We always put students first in every decision that we make. And we’re proud of the commitment to their success that we all share. At Brown Mackie College, and EDMC school, we measure our success by the success of our students and the impact they have on their world. And that success has led to steady, strategic growth, reaching more students, adding to our depth of programs, and providing greater employment opportunities for more people. We have charted a successful course that makes us an excellent choice for anyone who’s looking to grow their career with a dynamic and stable company. Along with your unique set of abilities and experiences, you have a practically unlimited potential for success. All you need is the chance to work in a supportive, collaborative environment. One that rewards innovation and initiative. And one that’s rich with opportunity. That’s exactly what you’ll find here at Brown Mackie College.
An Academic Department Director (ADD) is the principal academic officer for a specific program or programs. Responsibilities include: day-to-day operations, assisting students toward successful program completion and staffing the classroom with instructors who support the mission of the college. The ADD is co-responsible with the Campus Head of Academic Affairs for the fiscal well being of the department as it relates to education. The Director also participates in activities that promote the stature of the department and the college and abides by the mandates set by the Board of Trustees, the President, and the Executive Committee. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Provide academic leadership and select, train, develop, manage, and lead faculty and staff team members according to the guidelines provided by the Campus Head of Academic Affairs.
- Provide support to college and community relations activities while planning and implementing a budget including personnel requirements, program expenses, and capital needs.
- Support college programs designed to achieve student completion rates as outlined in the five year strategic plan.
- Collaborate with other Academic Department Directors within own school and across schools: scheduling, sharing faculty, and other.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Campus Head of Academic Affairs.
Campus Head of Academic Affairs
Inside contact encompasses the entire range of personnel. Outside contacts may include community and professional leaders as well as other educators.
- Master's degree with a minimum of 3-5 years related experience. Advanced certifications or credits towards further study are highly preferred.
- Held positions of increasingly responsible experience in the industry and/or Academic Affairs.
- Fiscal and personnel management experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills with supervisor and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.