As a Company comprising expert educators and highly motivated business people, Education Management Corporation (EDMC) offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for qualified individuals. Staff at the Company’s headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania are employed in corporate-level capacities of finance and accounting, audit, student financial aid, human resources, legal, advertising and marketing, education, general management, admissions, real estate, procurement, and information systems. EDMC schools are located in many major cities in the United States and employ individuals in positions that directly facilitate the education of our students and the services that support those students. We always put students first and we’re proud of the commitment we share to their success. For more than 40 years, Education Management Corporation schools have provided the career-focused education that has helped our students enjoy a higher degree of both professional and personal success. That commitment to the success of our students is the common thread that joins our schools, along with our focus on fostering well-rounded graduates who care about the world around them and make real contributions to their communities. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Education Management Corporation is one of the area’s largest and fastest-growing employers—and is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America in terms of student enrollment and revenue. We’re a growing company based on strong principles and a successful history. But perhaps more importantly, we’re a company that’s poised for a successful future as a national leader in for-profit education
Web Developer III
Why be a Web Developer in the Student Experience & Innovation Team?
• We’re known for finding creative solutions to challenging problems and completing our work effectively and efficiently.
• The Web Developer role is a critical part of the Technology Innovation team in the Student Experience and Innovation department.
• Our team is hard-working, passionate and dedicated to improving the student experience.
• We’re a national leader in the for-profit education industry, an organization that is shaping the future of education with everything that we do.
What will I do as a Web Developer at EDMC?
• Design and develop custom software using Microsoft technologies like MVC (Razor), Entity Framework and SQL Server.
• Develop websites and applications that support content management, data-driven views, and social capabilities.
• Create web applications to support our students.
• Enhance functionality for our marketing and campus websites
• Partner with other Student Experience and Innovation team members to develop innovative and functional solutions that meet the technology needs of our organization and our schools.
• Integrate with 3rd party software and systems.
What does EDMC need from me?
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, or related field, or Associates degree plus equivalent experience required.
• 5-8 years of related work experience to include web-site and web application development and multimedia development experience in a corporate or commercial setting.
• Self-starter attitude with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
• Passion for software development to create innovative solutions using the latest technologies.
• Preparedness to develop anything from a new website from the ground up, enhancements to current websites and applications, to the creation of complex web applications.
• Working knowledge of a Source Controlled file system.
What does EDMC offer?
• The opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and lead innovation with the organization.
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
• Paid Time Off plus 12 paid holidays per year.
• Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Programs, Pre-Tax Transportation Plan.
• Retirement plan with company matching a % of pre-tax contributions.
What technology do I need to know and have the opportunity to work with?
• Microsoft Visual Studio
• SQL Server Management Studio
• CSS (cross-browser support, etc)
• Force.com: VisualForce and Apex
• User interface wireframes with tools such as Balsamiq Mockups
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
- Company:Education Management Corporation
- Contact:Not Available
- Location:Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Base Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Education - Teaching - Administration
- Manages Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Design
- Req'd Education:2 Year Degree
- Req'd Experience:5 to 8 years