- Company:Argosy University
- Contact:Not Available
- Location:Sarasota, FL 34235
- Base Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Education - Teaching - Administration
- Manages Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Education
- Req'd Education:Not Specified
- Req'd Experience:Not Specified
Argosy University (www.argosy.edu), with 19 campus locations in 13 states and its online program, is a private academic institution dedicated to providing undergraduate and graduate degree programs to students in a supportive learning environment where academic knowledge is enriched by the acquisition of interpersonal skills vital to success. Argosy University has five colleges: Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, Business, Education, Health Sciences and Undergraduate Studies. With one of the largest communities of graduate students in the nation, Argosy University offers doctoral and master’s degree programs in Psychology, Business, Counseling and Education. The institution also offers bachelor’s degree programs in Psychology, Business, Liberal Arts and Criminal Justice. Degree level and programs offered vary by location. Argosy University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, California, 94501, http://www.wascsenior.org).
*Adjunct Business faculty needs in: Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Employment Law & Human Resources*
Instructs and facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment, as demonstrated by university prescribed assessments. Provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. Encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
Key Job Elements:
• Delivers learning-centered instruction
• Conducts assessments of student and program learning outcomes
• Mentors students in their academic and professional careers
• Participates in scholarly and professional activities
• Contributes service to the profession and the community
• Serves on program, campus, college, and university-wide committees and projects
Campus President, Vice President of Academic Affairs, and Program Chair
• Terminal degree in the discipline and five years related experience.
• License or professional credential in relevant discipline
• Communication skills-Clearly conveys information and ideas to others; demonstrates active listening skills
• Credibility-Acts in accordance with stated values; follows through on commitments; uses ethical considerations to guide values
• Interpersonal Effectiveness-Achieves results through people; sets goals that are acceptable and motivates people to reach them; handles conflict in a constructive manner.
• Judgment/Critical Analysis-Makes sound decisions based on analysis, knowledge, and experience; readily understands complex issues; develops solutions that effectively address problems.
• Student and College Focused-Makes students and colleagues and their needs a primary focus; creates and/or implements student-focused processes or procedures
• Professionalism-Participates in all activities in a collegial, ethical and responsible manner. Appropriately, constructively, and productively interacts with students, other faculty, administration and staff. Serves as a role model and representative of Argosy University
• Demonstrates effective customer service, personnel and project management skills.
• Experience with computerized administrative systems. Proficient with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret academic journals, academic reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, public groups, and boards of directors.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.