Retail Sales Associate PT - Durham, NC
Retail Store Associate Reports to:
Retail Store Manager This position is for SalonCentric, a wholly owned subsidiary of L'Oreal USA. SalonCentric is a leading and rapidly growing wholesale distributor of premium and exclusive brands in the salon and beauty industry.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. Role
The Associate is responsible for greeting and servicing customers, generating sales, maintaining store appearance, merchandising, stocking, cash register operations and opening and closing the store within store operational guidelines. Job Responsibilities
- Greets and approaches customers promptly and assists them in the selection and purchase of merchandise in accordance with store customer service standards
- Ensure that all sales and return transactions are completed and recorded accurately using proper cash handling procedures per established store policies
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of all product knowledge information, product promotions, upcoming sales and events and advertised products
- Assist with floor moves, merchandising, display and end cap changes, product shelf maintenance and set up for special events and promotions
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise including the proper receiving of merchandising and associated check in procedures as well as the monitoring of floor stock
- Maintain store appearance and performs general housekeeping including wiping counters, shelves, windows and restrooms as necessary
- Helps prepare for and participates in periodic cycle counts and physical inventories
- Responsible for opening and/or closing the store making sure that all opening and closing procedures are completed per store procedures to include completing required paperwork, securing the store and making the daily bank deposit
- Performs role within safety guidelines and observes and follows all policies concerning asset protection, merchandising and store operations as directed by management
- Attend all product knowledge trainings, seminars and meetings as required
This job summary is provided as an overview of your job responsibilities. It is not possible to document every detail of a job. We reserve the right to modify, rescind or revise this job summary from time to time, as we deem necessary. JOB
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Must have basic reading skills to read labels, literature, policy manuals etc.
- Basic math skills and the ability to make change required
- Must be able to work weekends as schedule allows
- Must be able to maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
- Frequent bending, stooping lifting, gripping, twisting and reaching
- Must be able to stand and walk about the store throughout scheduled shift
- Experience in retail or related experience strongly preferred
- Basic knowledge of computers helpful
- Cosmetology license preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
SalonCentric, headquartered in Largo, Florida, and operating in 48 states, is the premier distributor of salon professional products. Our mission is to partner with salon professionals to achieve success by offering the finest brands, business building support and inspiring education. Whether you're visiting one of our over 560 stores or working with one of our expert sales consultants across the country, we're committed to listening to your needs and helping you identify the right business solutions for your salon. Additionally, we offer regional shows, hands-on classes and in-salon workshops to help you stay on top of the latest trends and techniques.
Consider SalonCentric an extension of your salon staff. We're a committed business partner that will get you what you need to grow your business. From training on the latest techniques and products to business-building tools and salon design services, we're here to support and inspire your success.