As a Company comprising expert educators and highly motivated business people, Education Management Corporation (EDMC) offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for qualified individuals. Staff at the Company’s headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania are employed in corporate-level capacities of finance and accounting, audit, student financial aid, human resources, legal, advertising and marketing, education, general management, admissions, real estate, procurement, and information systems. EDMC schools are located in many major cities in the United States and employ individuals in positions that directly facilitate the education of our students and the services that support those students. We always put students first and we’re proud of the commitment we share to their success. For more than 40 years, Education Management Corporation schools have provided the career-focused education that has helped our students enjoy a higher degree of both professional and personal success. That commitment to the success of our students is the common thread that joins our schools, along with our focus on fostering well-rounded graduates who care about the world around them and make real contributions to their communities. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Education Management Corporation is one of the area’s largest and fastest-growing employers—and is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America in terms of student enrollment and revenue. We’re a growing company based on strong principles and a successful history. But perhaps more importantly, we’re a company that’s poised for a successful future as a national leader in for-profit education
The Instructional Designer II functions as part of the eLearning Success Team to establish design and manage development of online courses. Responsibilities include: Assisting with curriculum analysis and development; designing and planning development of online courses; monitoring the course development process to meet course offering deadlines; monitoring curricular integrity as it relates to subject matter and program outcomes; reviewing course design documents; reviewing online courses for subject matter, usability, and alignment with brand standards; collaborating on revisions and continuing course development and maintenance. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
• Develop online version of school-based curricula, applying a systematic instructional design and development model in real world online settings. Remain current with and have a thorough understanding of the latest industry technology tools and trends in online education, and implement improvements.
• Collaborate with eLearning Success teammates to develop new approaches in the creation and delivery of online course lessons, assessments, and instructional media to further enhance the online student experience.
• Through analysis of course content and structure combined with data analysis, appraise course design quality; Identify areas of weakness in created courses, and employ strategies for improvement. Take appropriate steps to address any problems noted through revision and, when necessary, re-development.
• Identify and acquire resources for projects in conjunction with Program Manager and other eLearning Success team members. Monitor and provide feedback on the work of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other contributors in the completion of course development and revision duties.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Program Manager / Director
Subject matter experts, contracted media and instructional designers, internal QA staff, other members of the curriculum development team. Also interacts with school appointed contact personnel and administrators.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE APPLICANT TO BE ON SITE. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum 3 years experience in the field of instructional design. THIS IS NOT A TEACHING OR TRAINING ROLE.
• Budget and personnel management experience is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
• Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
• Strong computer skills. MS Office Suite.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. High level of skill and experience using a variety of digital communications tools for timely and effective communication with academic and administrative stakeholders, co-workers and vendors.
• Knowledge of online learning technologies. Experience with one or more LMS preferred.
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
• Must be able to perform tasks effectively and efficiently using common office computer technologies.
• Apply the appropriate learning theory, instructional theory, and/or applications of media to online instructional scenarios.
• Must be able to contribute to multiple projects, and produce high quality work under tight deadlines.
• Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
• Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
• Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
• Ability to function effectively as a member of a team
• Able to interact successfully with academic as well as business and regulatory personnel.
• Able to effectively report regularly to Program Manager and other Curriculum Development team members on project and progress.
• Able to apply a systematic instructional design and development model in real world online settings.
• Able to design and conduct usability studies and needs assessments as needed to support ongoing development and improvement of product.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
- Company:Education Management Corporation
- Contact:Not Available
- Location:Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Base Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Education - Teaching - Administration
- Manages Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Education
- Req'd Education:4 Year Degree
- Req'd Experience:Not Specified