Position Title: Finance Manager/Analyst - MFG
Position Reports To: Division Group Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Responsible for supporting the Division Group Controller in accounting/financial management responsibilities that include period and annual report preparation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Capital Appropriation financial review and reanalysis.
- Budgeting, projections, forecasts.
- Special projects, including general accounting review.
- Work across groups on standardization efforts.
- Back up resource – plant Financial Management responsibilities.
- Corporate Manufacturing financial responsibilities that include period and annual report preparation
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Job Specific Skills:
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Developing Others – Planning and supporting the development of individuals’ skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Formal Presentation - Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Managing Conflict - Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Negotiation - Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum three years of experience.
- Ability to travel independently as needed.
Potential Career Path from this position:
Higher level positions in Corporate Brands & Manufacturing and Corporate Retail Financial Management
It is the policy of The Kroger Co. to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.
- View Other Jobs on the Kroger Talent Network
- Company: The Kroger Company
- Contact: Not Available
- Location: Cincinnati, OH
- Base Pay: N/A
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Other Great Industries
- Manages Others: No
- Job Type: Finance
- Req'd Education: Not Specified
- Req'd Experience: Not Specified
- Req'd Travel: Not Specified
- Reference ID: Finance Analyst
- Relocation Covered: Not Specified
|Not ready to apply?
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs more than 368,000 associates who serve customers in 2,641 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Harris Teeter, Jay C, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 786 convenience stores, 327 fine jewelry stores, 1,218 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 200 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. A leader in supplier diversity, Kroger is a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable and the U.S. Hispanic Chamber's Million Dollar Club.
Kroger is based in Cincinnati, Ohio with 1,352 stores in OH, IN, KY,
VA, TX, GA, MS, LA, AK, MI, MO, IL, TN, SC, NC, WV. Kroger was founded
by Bernard Henry Kroger in 1883 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Kroger pioneered
the first supermarket surrounded on all four sides by parking lots in
We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for
customer service, fairness, respect, openness, leadership and honesty.
Whether you like working with people, numbers, ideas, food or
pharmaceuticals, you can find a match with us. And with stores and
offices in 32 states, we have opportunities for talented individuals
nationwide, whether in a booming metropolis like Atlanta or in a small
town like Martins Ferry, Ohio.
The communities we serve are as diverse as America itself, and that
diversity is reflected in our workforce. One of our greatest strengths
is the diversity of talented employees we attract. In fact, the quality
of our employees and the wide range of talents they bring to our
company give us a strong competitive advantage in the marketplace.
At Kroger, loyalty is a two-way street – to both our customers and our
employees. We offer competitive wages, health insurance, a solid 401(k)
program, flexible hours and generous vacation time. And…more
importantly, we promote from within whenever possible. Our roster
includes leaders who began their careers bagging groceries.
We seek out and welcome employees who are a part of, not apart from,
their communities. Our employees are active participants in the
community, working with schools, churches, and civic organizations. We
treasure teamwork: between us and our employees; our employees and our
customers; and between all of us and our communities.