Sr. Network Engineer
Report this job
DETAILS: Permanent, Full time position
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL
COMPANY: IT Managed Services
We are looking to interview and hire as soon as possible.
- Serve as lead on network projects and network related projects
- Responsible for installations and escalated issue resolution support
- Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of client networks
- Responsible for project engineering, incident / request support, presales, and solutions development
- Serve as a lead project engineer on project teams
- Prepare, plan, design, implement, operate, and optimize lifecycle methodology
- Serve as a lead project team member in a support capacity for application rollouts
- Collaborate with other members of the project team in a cohesive manner
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues
- Create and adhere to project plans
- Execute and manage to project expectations as defined by the PMO for deliverables, change controls, communications, and all other obligations assigned to the resource
- Work as the final level of escalation incident and request support engineering for installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting, and documenting network systems
- Work with a variety of end users, third party vendors, and manufacturer support and may require off-site repair as needed
- Work with LAN/WAN routers and switches, wireless access points and wireless LAN controllers (WLC), WAN optimization devices, load balancers, data and voice circuits, communications manager clusters, voicemail systems, contact center, and network management platforms
- Comply with contracted service level agreements.
- Provide guidance and training to junior members across teams
- Serve as a presales engineer when needed by meeting with clients, identifying solutions, and creating statements of work
- Collaborate with enterprise architects and technical managers in design and development of network solutions in order to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Enhance technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and participating in technical societies
- 5+ years of experience as a network engineer
- 3+ years of running mid to large scale network projects
- 3+ years of experience in Data Center environments utilizing the Cisco Nexus 5000 or 7000 equipment
- 3+ years of experience with advanced routing configuration with BGP, EBGP and OSPF
- Minimum of 1 Professional level Cisco Certification (i.e. CCNP, CCDP, CCVP, etc.)
- CCIE (At least Written) or comparable knowledge
- Experience with MS Office, MS Project, NCentral, Solarwinds, Netflow Analyzer, Device Expert, Log Analyzer, Nmap, Wireshark, Visio, and Cisco ACS
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with Cisco Routers, Juniper Routers, Cisco Switches, HP/H3C Switches, Cisco Access Points, Aruba Access Points, Aerohive Access Points, Cisco Firewalls, F5 Load Balancers, Netscalar Load Balancers, Ipanema WAN Optimization, and Riverbed Steelheads
- Experience troubleshooting network issues and working with ticket management systems
- Must have expert level understanding of QoS, DSCP, and voice implementations on data networks from a QoS perspective
- Must have an expert level understanding of BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF, HSRP, IPSEC site to site VPNs, NAT, and other layer 3 technologies.
- Must have expert level understanding of Frame Relay, PPP, MLPPP, MPLS, STP, LACP, LAGs, Trunks, 802.1q, and other layer two technologies
- Must be able to diagnose and resolve complex routing issues, congestion problems, and hardware and software failures that get escalated
- Proficient with all network hardware, including servers, routers, switches, and firewalls
For immediate consideration, send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume].
SNI Technology® is one of the fastest growing technology recruitment companies in the country. We uniquely align with our clients and the candidates we represent, because our staff is hired from the industry we serve.
We offer technical talent and employment opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire, and a direct-hire basis in a wide variety of disciplines from helpdesk professionals to the most cutting-edge software architects.
We strive to help clients maintain their corporate strength and focus, while we show our ability to attract top tier technical professionals to supplement or expand their staff. Our recruiting team stays very active in the technology community, so we have specific knowledge of local employment conditions, technical trends, and pending shifts or upgrades that can impact how technology supports your business. We don't tap into the technical community to find the talent you need - we are a part of it.
Whether a system upgrade or a complete software development project is on the agenda; we have proven technology professionals ready to ensure your success.
If you've worked with employment firms in the past, we guarantee you'll notice the positive difference!
now to find out about other job opportunities.
Report this job
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
View All Jobs
Not ready to apply?
Company: SNI Technology
Other Great Industries
Click the Icons Below to Download our Free Mobile App