Company: CHRISTUS Health.
Base Pay: N/A
Other Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry Type: Healthcare - Health Services
Job Type: Executive
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Location: San Antonio, TX
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Become part of a team that serves as the backbone of our entire health care system. As such, you can be assured of enjoying a rewarding career. CHRISTUS Health is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for all patients. We are one of the most respected health care systems in the nation that also offers a wide range of opportunities for individuals interested in non-clinical roles. CHRISTUS Health is committed to supporting the development needs of CHRISTUS leaders and Associates in order to help them realize a greater degree of personal and professional achievement and satisfaction. CHRISTUS is committed to providing a total compensation package to fulfill your health, body, mind, and spiritual needs. We support our health ctare teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Executive Leader responsible for patient care delivery, nursing, and nurse practice throughout a facility within a CHRISTUS Health region. In alignment with regional leadership, provides vision and sets direction for quality evidence-based patient-centered care. Fosters a decentralized participative management style for nursing based on a shared governance approach. Encourages innovative leadership at the department level promoting nurses’ decision-making control over nurse practice. Establishes interdisciplinary teams throughout the facility supporting nursing care and patient care services. Builds collaborative nurse-physician relationships to provide safe, effective, and efficient patient care while ensuring nurses feel empowered to serve as patient representatives/advocates. Serves as a member of the hospital’s Senior Leadership Team consulting with and advising the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and the Chief Operating Officer (COO) as appropriate on issues relating to the operation of the hospital. Recommends changes in resource-allocation, policy, facilities, equipment, and programs in order to achieve the hospital’s objectives. In alignment with regional nursing leadership, provides nursing personnel with leadership, decision-making, and direction in patient care services and defined areas. In alignment with the region, responsible for assessing the environment, forecasting trends, transmitting values, communicating ideas, developing and implementing policies, managing, and initiating systems and programs that promote excellence in service and safety for patient care delivery and that create an excellent place to work.
Whether your skills lie in patient care or administration and you prefer to work in not-for-profit health care, CHRISTUS Health facilities may have a career opportunity for you. CHRISTUS Health and our facilities are committed to being an equal opportunity employer as part of our on-going mission. It is the policy of CHRISTUS Health not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, orientation, disability, age or national origin.
CHRISTUS Health is committed to providing meaningful benefits for you and your family and to sharing with you the prosperity you help create. We support our health care teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Medical Health Coverage
Prescription Drug Plan
Group Term Life
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS A. Education/Skills:
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing required from an accredited university
• Master’s Degree in Nursing or other health-related education
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate others in the work environment.
• Ability to perform in a rapidly changing and stressful working environment.
• Demonstrated ability for leadership, the use of the nursing process, and emotional maturity.
• Timely and dependable follow-up on problem resolution.
• Financial skills B. Experience:
• Senior level management experience required
• Must have minimum of five (5) years satisfactory performance as a staff nurse, and five (5) years as a director
• Must demonstrate competence in management and leadership and successfully complete hospital and nursing management courses. Must demonstrate technical competence in utilization management and have an authoritative understanding of financial management to include operating and utilization factors as well as product line contribution.
• Must have significant expertise in information technology.
• Must have experience appropriate for facility/region’s scope and complexity, position’s authority and responsibility, and the scope and complexity of the nursing care needs of the major patient population(s) served. C. Licensing Requirement:
• Registered Nurse with current state license.
• Professional certification and education commensurate with peer leaders at the facility/region. Working Environment:
• Usually has a clean, air conditioned area.
• May be subjected to infectious patients, contaminated specimens, toxic drugs and radiation.
Requisition Number: 00110714
DIGNITY - Respect for
the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of
diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor
INTEGRITY - Honesty, justice, and consistency in
EXCELLENCE - High standards of service and
COMPASSION - Service in a spirit of empathy, love,
STEWARDSHIP - Wise and just use of talents and
in a collaborative manner.