Assistant Academic Director — Cincinnati, OH
The Assistant Academic Director is responsible for assisting the Academic Director in carrying out the day-to-day operations of the academic program. Actual duties will vary depending on the Academic Director’s specific needs, but may include the training and development of instructional staff; the development and implementation of the curriculum, and the testing and placement of students. In the absence of the Academic Director, the Assistant Academic Director is responsible for the operation of the Language Center under the guidance of the Center Director.
- Assist in the training of instructional staff.
- Assist in interviewing potential teaching candidates
- Providing substitute and/or regular classroom instruction
- Ordering and maintaining all instructional materials
- Supervising the testing of new students and assisting in their evaluation and placement
- Providing counsel and guidance to students who are struggling academically
- Assisting in scheduling classes, teachers and students
- Orienting new students to the academic program
- Submitting required academic reports to universities and/or sponsors
- Submitting required reports to Princeton or the District Office
- Assisting with the management of special programs as assigned
- Performing other duties as necessary or assigned
- BA in ESL, Applied Linguistics or related field required
- At least 2 years of ESL teaching experience
- At least 1 year of experience as an administrator in charge of teachers
- Must be computer literate including ability to use MS Office
At ELS, we believe in providing our employees with the most competitive benefits available, so we offer:
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Employer matches 50% of employee’s first 10% of deferred contribution, 401(K)
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Commuter reimbursement
- Paid sick leave and vacation time
- Tuition reimbursement
Over the past 50 years, ELS has helped more than 1,100,000 students from 175 countries around the world learn English and with over 60 locations throughout the USA, Canada, and Australia (over 50 located on university campuses), ELS provides students with a wide variety of options ranging from intensive English programs and university placement assistance to executive business programs and vacation learning options.
Building on many years of experience, ELS has developed our own unique curriculum, textbooks and branded language-learning software to help students master English. With proven teaching methods, highly qualified teachers, and our own carefully designed curriculum—offering 12 levels of instruction—ELS ensures academic success.
With headquarters in Princeton, New Jersey, ELS is the largest recruiter of international students for US and Canadian colleges, universities and postgraduate programs. Over 650 universities across the USA, Canada, and Australia recognize completion of ELS Level 112 as proof of the English language proficiency necessary for admission. ELS graduates go on to become successful educators, business people and government leaders in their home countries. But the greatest testament to ELS's success is our alumni who each year entrust the education of their sons and daughters to ELS.