In over 35 years of service, the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center (STBTC) has been a leading partner in the growth of a vigorous health care industry. STBTC serves over 100 hospitals and clinics in 43 South Texas counties. In addition to recruiting, collecting, processing, testing and distributing blood components, STBTC operates a certified tissue bank, houses the Texas Cord Blood Bank and also serves as a National Marrow Donor Program registration site.
Surgical Specialist Tissue Recovery Technician
Job is located in San Antonio, TX.Tissue Procurement Surgical Specialist/Tissue Recovery Technician - On Call
South Texas Blood & Tissue Center, a subsidiary of BioBridge Global, is seeking an
On Call Tissue Procurement Surgical Specialist/Tissue Recovery Technician
to provide support for the Tissue department
at our San Antonio location.
Responsible to perform on-site evaluation of potential tissue donors, discussing donation options with family members, and coordinating tissue recovery. Responsibilities / Expectations for the Tissue Procurement Surgical Specialist/Tissue Recovery Technician include:
- Successfully complete procurement training program.
- Assist and perform all aspects of cadaveric tissue recovery according to established guidelines.
- Obtain or collect required laboratory specimens.
- Assist in the performance of each step in the collection, culturing, packaging, and labeling of tissues.
- Assist with body reconstruction and disposition of the body after procurement.
- Assist in the maintenance of the procurement site after tissue procurement.
- Utilize the aseptic techniques for the procurement and processing of tissues.
- Prepare the donor for the aseptic surgical tissue recovery.
- Attend in-service trainings, meetings, seminars, and other workshops as required.
- Exhibit a positive working relationship with co-workers and the public.
- May perform other tasks as assigned.
Schedule: Variable days, on call 7 days a week, rotating schedule - Part Time Casual/ On Call
Salary will commensurate with your education, education and certifications
Benefits for the Tissue Procurement Surgical Specialist/Tissue Recovery Technician include:
- Shift and weekend differential
- Company vehicle provided for company use only
- Additional performance bonuses available
BioBridge Global and its subsidiaries are proud to be an EEO/AA-M/F/D/V/Genetic Data employer that maintains a Tobacco & Drug-Free Workplace.
Requirements for the Tissue Procurement Surgical Specialist/Tissue Recovery Technician include:
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent
Experience: One year experience in operating room aseptic procedures and tissue banking preferred
Three years driving experience with good driving record required
Certification/License: Operating Room Technician or Certified Tissue Bank Specialist preferred
Texas Operators Driver’s License
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Report this job
Not ready to apply?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.