Report this job
- Company:Brown Mackie College
- Contact:Not Available
- Location:Birmingham, AL 35209
- Base Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Education - Teaching - Administration
- Manages Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Health Care
- Req'd Education:2 Year Degree
- Req'd Experience:At least 2 year(s)
Imagine a school so career-centric that the curriculum is developed by asking experts and employers to define the skills, knowledge and abilities that companies are looking for. Even our teachers have real-world experience. Career-oriented programs in the areas of accounting and business, criminal justice and legal studies, computer technology and healthcare. School isn't just books, lectures and exams. At Brown Mackie College, it's about preparing people for the real world. We combine theoretical learning with practical training—equipping our students with the skills and abilities that companies are looking for. As a Company comprising expert educators and highly motivated business people, Education Management Corporation (EDMC) offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for qualified individuals. Staff at the Company’s headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania are employed in corporate-level capacities of finance and accounting, audit, student financial aid, human resources, legal, advertising and marketing, education, general management, admissions, real estate, procurement, and information systems. EDMC schools are located in many major cities in the United States and employ individuals in positions that directly facilitate the education of our students and the services that support those students. We always put students first.
Imagine being part of a team that changes people’s lives. We populate our company with the best and the brightest... improving the processes we employ to identify, attract, select and retain great people. We spend every day creating ways to match exceptional people with outstanding opportunities. Join a company that’s experiencing incredible growth and be part of our success. We always put students first in every decision that we make. And we’re proud of the commitment to their success that we all share. At Brown Mackie College, and EDMC school, we measure our success by the success of our students and the impact they have on their world. And that success has led to steady, strategic growth, reaching more students, adding to our depth of programs, and providing greater employment opportunities for more people. We have charted a successful course that makes us an excellent choice for anyone who’s looking to grow their career with a dynamic and stable company. Along with your unique set of abilities and experiences, you have a practically unlimited potential for success. All you need is the chance to work in a supportive, collaborative environment. One that rewards innovation and initiative. And one that’s rich with opportunity. That’s exactly what you’ll find here at Brown Mackie College.
The part time instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets of the learning environment. S/He provides education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. S/He encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development. This position is part time/adjunct only. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the EDMC model of curricula as well as supports the EDMC style of system delivery.
- Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities which support lesson objectives, and (in the case of online instructors ONLY) delivers the instruction as approved.
- Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
Dean of System-Wide Programs, Academic Department Director
Academic affairs department, other school/campus functional areas, curriculum task force and other committees, other faculty, and students
- Associate's degree and certified dental assistant and/or dental hygienist certification REQUIRED.
- Minimum two years experience in the field as a dental assistant and/or hygienist.
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills )
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet frequently occurring deadlines.
- Ability to develop a professional rapport with diverse school/campus constituents.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision
- Ability to learn from students' participation, demonstrates fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and shows compassion without being ineffectual
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.