Report this job
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the Park’s Safety efforts to include compliance with OSHA and company safety regulations. In addition, this position is responsible for promoting and developing the Park’s safe activities. This includes but is not limited to conducting safety training, performing incident investigations, conducting fire suppression system checks, conducting safety inspections, preparing reports, and assisting with General Liability claims. Additional Duties will include being familiar with the day to day operations of the Security Department and will serve as Manager on Duty for Security and Safety.
REPORTS TO:Safety / Security Manager
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Maintain compliance with OSHA regulations and company safety policies.
- Coordinate general safety training.
- Conduct safety inspections.
- Coordinate preparation of area emergency evacuation plans.
- Conduct guest and team member accident investigations.
- Responsible for management of safety awareness programs.
- Management of selected Liability claims.
- Leadership and development of seasonal safety staff.
- Works closely with all fulltime staff members and management on safety related issues.
- Handles guest issues as it relates to risk and safety.
- Becomes familiar with Security Department operating procedures.
- Serves as Security/Safety Manager on Duty.
- Ensures 100% compliance with all Safety/Security standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a “Total Safety” culture for both guests and team members.
- Willingness to cross train for other operational departments and assist same during specific short-staffing periods.
- Willingness and ability to assist other department in a detached capacity for special events or projects.
- Assists with all other duties as assigned by the Manager of Safety/Security.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS:
Report this job
- Background in Theme Park Safety/Security operations preferred.
- Experience in supervision and/or management preferred.
- Highly motivated with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with a team oriented approach.
- Strong written, verbal, and PC skills with strong administrative skills.
- Willingness to work long shifts, nights and weekends regularly.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time outdoors in extreme heat and sun.
- Ability to speak and hear clearly, for conversation and acuity.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Must become certified as a noncommissioned Security Officer under Texas Commission of Private Security regulations.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Location: San Antonio, TX
Manages Others: Not Specified
Required Experience: Not Specified
Post Date: 8/26/2014