| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Sr. Java Application Developer
|Job Reference Number
The Sr. Developer position will be responsible for creating application solutions through engineering, developing, and implementing Java based architecture.
The development group that the candidate will be a part of is responsible for several large applications within the Verizon Wireless Network organization. Our team culture is based on innovation, open communication, continuous improvement, the freedom to explore new ideas, and having fun in our job.
- Helps define application objectives by analyzing user requirements and envisioning system features and functionality.
- Engineers system solutions based on technology expertise and through interaction with end-users, management, and other key stakeholders.
- Completes application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and team meetings.
- Troubleshoots development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Stays up to date on job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances organization value by accepting ownership for accomplishing complex development assignments and exploring opportunities to implement new technologies and solutions.
- Works as a team member on large projects under minimal direction of senior staff and management.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- 8+ years Core Java & Object-Oriented Principles/Design, J2EE (JMS, JDBC, JSP)
- 8+ Years Spring Technologies (Spring - Core, Spring – ORM, Spring – security, Spring MVC, REST Integration)
- 8+ Years Data Integration Technologies (Hibernate, iBatis)
- 8+ Years SQL: SQL Query structuring & tuning, Data Model Design & Optimization
- 8+ Years Others: Designing APIs (REST),
- Excellent technical/analytical skills and strong programming/ system design skills required.
- Creativity, leadership, and the ability to excel in a complex application environment required.
- A commitment to application excellence and continuous improvement required.
- Team player and friendly personality a must.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.