Capabilities extend through partnerships with a network of 5,600 reliable, local companies in distribution, software and product referencing. Leading brands and strategic partnerships uniquely qualify Rockwell Automation to deliver industry solutions to 80 countries around the world.
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE:ROK), the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. The company helps customers across a wide range of end markets achieve a competitive advantage for their businesses through leading technologies and a comprehensive portfolio of products, software and services.
With a focus on always putting customers first, anywhere in the world, the company helps manufacturers use industrial automation, information technology, and intelligent motor control to meet their productivity objectives. Capabilities extend through partnerships with a network of 5,600 reliable, local companies in distribution, software and product referencing. Leading brands and strategic partnerships uniquely qualify Rockwell Automation and its roughly 20,000 employees to deliver industry solutions in more than 80 countries around the world. To learn more about Rockwell Automation, please visit us at www.rockwellautomation.com Position Summary
This role is critical to the advancement of Rockwell Automation’s Electronic Motor Protection portfolio. The successful candidate will be a core member of a next-generation new product development team, responsible for developing and implementing firmware for embedded control system electronics. This position requires: a) a detailed understanding of embedded firmware design for device-level networks, from the core processor to the physical layer; b) a detailed understanding of embedded control system electronics and hardware interfacing; c) a proven ability to work with electronic hardware personnel to create project specifications and execute through the entire development cycle.Minimum Qualifications
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering, or the equivalent of 8 years embedded real time firmware development experience.
2. At least six years of embedded real-time firmware development experience (requirements analysis, design, testing, documentation) using C and/or other middle to high-level languages.
3. Demonstrated skills in the firmware development process (version control, use case, requirements, design, coding, and unit test).
4. Proven ability to develop embedded firmware that optimizes run-time performance, memory requirements, and code re-use.
5. Familiarity with embedded firmware development tools, including the capability to debug, step through code and perform traces if needed.
6. Strong experience with ARM-based processor architectures.
7. Experience with typical embedded control peripherals (ie. RAM, Flash, UART, PWM, A/D, CAN, I2C, and SPI).
8. Understanding of bus architectures & inter-processor communication strategies.
9. Proven ability to analyze and solve complex problems which involve both firmware and hardware.
10. Demonstrated experience as a member of a project team for hardware development, including thorough attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
11. Able to multitask and handle a large amount of detail.
12. Quick-learning self-starter who works well with a dynamic team.