| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing Manager for Mobile and Tablet
|Job Reference Number
Responsible for establishing and executing an error reduction/avoidance strategy using core analytical tools and functional path expertise. Responsible for devising a plan to best use scarce assets to maximize support of our customer’s online experience. Responsible for maintaining all testing environments and associated test data, in support of all eCommerce team Quality Assurance (QA)/User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities. Must understand capabilities of new technical and analytical tools and systems and strategize how to best apply capabilities to our online/mobile websites. Responsible for managing a team of Quality Assurance/Production Support resources, providing detailed production and performance related analysis/data that supports correction and prevention of customer issues/errors across the Verizon Wireless eCommerce online portals. Decides and develops which methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to use for QA/UAT team to test in multitude of environments. The QA/UAT team must mimic the true structured, functional QA performed by IT as the new platform will allow business owners to make changes without IT support. Responsible for leading and guiding team through the platform migration and change in QA/UAT responsibilities
• Manages test environments and test data to support all functional/UAT testing for verizonwireless.com, My Verizon & My Verizon Mobile.
• Establishes and executes a Customer Experience Management strategy that increases customer satisfaction and reduces customer errors/fallout by effectively utilizing limited analytical tools and team expertise in areas that produce the greatest impact to the team, Verizon Wireless and our customers.
• Manages a team of technical resources who are experts in the use of Customer Experience
• Responsible for devising and executing a testing strategy that increases the use of test automation to improve testing speed and coverage. Manages set-up, maintenance and data refresh for all QA/UAT environments.
• Familiarity and knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Responsible for resource management - team members are located at various location hubs
• Management of all staffing/employee relations, including driving the team to meet organization / business unit goals, operating the team effectively within the approved budget, improving customer experience, measuring team productivity, conducting weekly staff meetings, ops review preparation, cultivating good business practices, team motivation/ recognition, arranging for required training, and providing required updates to management.
• Staffs vacancies based on headcount in a timely fashion.
• Motivates, coaches and trains staff to maximize productivity and promote their professional development.
• Manages employee performance in a timely and consistent fashion per company policies and practices. This role will enable team leadership for ongoing development, maintenance and support for all eCommerce related applications.
- 7+ years management experience in a QA organization, with a focus on the effective use of analytical tools, production support and test environment planning/maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to define testing/customer experience management strategies independently
- Experience with automated testing and full, end-to-end testing protocols
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of web usability
- Deep knowledge of QA with industry tools such as Quality Center
- Mobile Application and Mobile Web testing experience
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills, including the ability to create solutions to complex problems
- Strong usability/optimization skills to review traffic report and identify areas for opportunity
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and leadership skills with strong attention to detail required
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and multiple/simultaneous, highly complex, cross-functional projects/initiatives
- Highly responsive and proactive, supporting leaders and team
- Proven ability to work and interact with multiple stakeholder groups and agencies / vendors
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint high proficiency required)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.