Make your mark in Broadcasting. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the nation, programming 167 stations located in 77 geographically diverse markets after pending transactions. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to making Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc a communications powerhouse. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Are you a General Manager or Sales Manager who gets true satisfaction in helping others grow? Can you spot the best sales talent anywhere? Do you have a successful track record of taking your station to new sales heights? If you answer yes to these questions, YOU NEED TO APPLY BELOW. Sinclair has an exciting opportunity for a talented General Manager for our stations in Nashville, TN. This is not a desk job! The successful candidate will have a commitment to new business development with pointed and aggressive sales techniques. We are looking for experienced GM's, Sales Managers or other experienced television station leaders ready to take the next step.
In this position you will:
* Manage the physical, human and financial assets of the station
* Achieve budgeted financial goals and grow station's revenue share
* Help increase the station's viewing audience by serving the interests of the community
* Protect the station's license through strict adherence to FCC rules and regulations
* Train, manage, and motivate all station personnel including sales staff
* Manage television sales for the station including local, new business and new media
* Train sales team to sell products and services via Digital Solutions and Mobile Marketing
* Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
* Manage employee relations and station relations
* Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients
* 7+ years experience in a similar role in a TV station or in a Sr.
Television Management role
* Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background a must
* Strong and positive leadership skills required
* Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
* A minimum of 5 years management experience required
* Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
* Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OSI preferred.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs, or provides sales services to 57 television stations in 35 markets. Sinclair's television group includes 19 FOX, 17 MyTV, 9 ABC, 9 CW, 2 CBS, and 1 NBC affiliates and reaches approximately 22% of all U.S. television households. Sinclair, either directly or through its Ventures subsidiary, makes equity investments in strategic companies. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. was founded in 1986, went public in 1995 and is traded on the Nasdaq Exchange under the ticker symbol SBGI.
Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to making Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc a communications powerhouse. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
We believe Sinclair Broadcast Group’s people are our most important asset. Our teams
make the critical difference in how we perform and their skills, talents, and determination separate us from our competitors. We also believe people can achieve their full potential when they enjoy their work, so it is a priority to provide a workplace where growth, success, and fun go hand in hand.
We are quite simply, the employer of choice in the broadcast industry. We believe our employees have the knowledge, the dedication, and the ingenuity to lead us to newer heights, to break through the barriers to success, and to continue to build upon our already celebrated tradition. Become a part of our family today.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.