Housekeeping Houseperson - Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
The Housekeeping Houseperson is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas. He/she is also responsible for delivering items to guest rooms (luggage, irons, coffee, etc.).
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Walked assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove newspapers, trays, empty ash urns, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
• Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
• Use daily checklist to complete projects.
• Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
• Handle items for 'Lost and Found' according to the hotel standards.
• At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
• Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
• Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist with cleaning if needed.
• Pick up any Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
• Before leaving section, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
• Vacuum guest corridors.
• Assist Housekeeping as needed (i.e. bedboards, roll-aways, flip beds, etc.)
• Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if applicable.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of Housekeeping Office, linen rooms, storage closets and stairwells.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
Candidates local to the Pittsburgh and surrounding areas only.
Applicants must already possess authorization to work in the United States for consideration.
Not ready to apply?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
About Wyndham Worldwide
Wyndham Worldwide is one of the world's largest hospitality companies, providing a wide range of accommodations and services for leisure and business travelers through a global portfolio that includes the world's largest hotel company, the world's largest vacation exchange network, the world's largest marketer of serviced vacation rentals, and the world's leading vacation ownership business.