Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 1300 professionals in 45 offices around the U.S, Canada, Poland, and the UK. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
The Master Project Scheduler will develop and maintain a Master project schedule for a multi-year, multi-State project that will leverage up to a dozen subsidiary schedules as input. Initially these schedules will be developed and maintained in MS Project, with the individual schedules being maintained by separate schedulers / project managers from various vendors and State staff, who will update these schedules on a weekly basis. If MS Project proves inadequate for this task then alternative scheduling tools will be considered such as Primavera. The work will predominantly be on site at the clients downtown Denver location, at least initially, and the project will last for at least 3 years.
• Define an approach to take 9 individual project schedules maintained by various project managers, the largest of which is about 13,000 tasks long, extract relevant tasks and dependencies from these schedules to create a Master schedule focused on dependencies across projects i.e. between schedules, and major milestones for executive reporting.
• The 9 individual project schedules will be updated on a weekly basis. The Master scheduler will take output from these individual schedules and maintain the overall Master Schedule. The overall Master schedule has to be detailed enough to account for any cross project dependencies, and be structured so that it highlights cross project impacts and additionally suitable for providing executive level progress reporting. As a result it is likely that the Master schedule itself will be thousands of tasks long.
• The Master scheduler will work directly with the project managers responsible for the 9 subsidiary schedules to provide guidance on the structure and tasks, dependencies and resources that they need to include in these schedules, and will follow up with them to obtain weekly updates. Additionally where updates in any one of these 9 individual schedules when combined into the Master schedule would have impacts on tasks from the other project schedules, the Master scheduler will work with the project manager whose schedule is creating these impacts or the project managers that are impacted, to understand the cause of the change and to have the impacted projects adjusted when necessary.
• The Master scheduler will develop a schedule management plan that will define the requirements for the 9 individual schedules in line with good project management practices, the update and reporting frequency for these schedules, and the mechanics for incorporating output from these schedules into a Master schedule, that will be maintained weekly.
• The Master scheduler will provide schedule progress, variance and status reporting as input to the weekly project status reporting.
• Experience performing the schedule development and management function on at least one large IT systems implementation project for a year or more.
• Experience with hands on development and responsibility for large and complex project schedules in MS Project, with thousands of tasks and dependencies.
• Experience developing a Master schedule with multiple subsidiary schedules tied into or providing input to this Master schedule, with some of these subsidiary schedules having thousands of tasks.
• Knowledge and skills necessary to write routines that will extract certain tasks, potentially using a list of unique task ID, from large schedules, along with their related dependencies, and combining these tasks from individual schedules into a Master consolidated schedule, on a weekly basis.
• Experience with comparing schedules that are thousands of lines long to identify changes, and running variance reports to derive management information and reporting.
• Developing status updates based on schedules received.
• Preferably one or more large State project. Large means large IT systems implementation project over $50M.
• Good communicator
• Project management experience
• PMI Project Management Professional
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
Public Consulting Group (PCG) provides industry-leading management consulting and technology to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Public Consulting Group (PCG) has more than 1,100 professionals in 44 offices around the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe who are dedicated to delivering leading consulting approaches and technologies to public sector clients.