Save this job
Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
What We Offer:
On top of being a part of the company that's changing the world through groundbreaking technology, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits so robust we call them Total Rewards.
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
- Medical, dental and vision
- Award-winning training
- Tuition assistance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Employee discounts on plans and technology
- Health and wellness programs
Senior Product Management and New Business Development Consultant
|Job Reference Number
Verizon is currently seeking a resource in New Business Development to join its growing team in Palo Alto or San Jose, CA. The ideal candidate will work alongside Verizon’s New Product organization responsible for reviewing internal and external product ideas, conducting business and technical due diligence in alignment with Product roadmap needs and development of ideas into sound business plans. The individual will also identify and engage with emerging technologies and startups that may be a good fit for specific product roadmaps and portfolio needs.
The position involves a significant amount of networking and interpersonal interaction and it is expected that the candidate will have demonstrated a high level of initiative and personal responsibility for their assignments. It is expected that the candidate will be highly organized and comfortable with multitasking. The position requires 10%-20% travel.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Work extensively with Verizon internal teams, primarily Technology, and Product Strategy and Development groups, to determine product roadmap and technology needs in order to drive innovation and focus for identifying startups.
- Manage internal process to identify and screen potential startups and new technologies, and determine fit with product roadmaps and business needs.
- Generate leads and manage internal process for engaging startups and innovation funnel.
- Work alongside internal teams to host events for Innovation Days, Startup Town Halls, or other startup outreach efforts.
- 4+ years of experience working in Business Development and New Technology evaluation
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment (prior work with a startup a plus)
- Solid understanding of wireless, video, internet, M2M and related industry trends
- MBA and Bachelor's degree with high academic achievement (min 3.5 GPA) preferred
- Demonstrated maturity, presence on the phone, attention to detail, initiative, and people skills
- An extroverted personality with good commercial instincts
- Presentation development and delivery a must
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Report this job
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.