- Company:Argosy University
- Contact:Not Available
- Location:Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Base Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Education - Teaching - Administration
- Manages Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Executive
- Req'd Education:Graduate Degree
- Req'd Experience:Not Specified
Argosy University (www.argosy.edu), with 19 campus locations in 13 states and its online program, is a private academic institution dedicated to providing undergraduate and graduate degree programs to students in a supportive learning environment where academic knowledge is enriched by the acquisition of interpersonal skills vital to success. Argosy University has five colleges: Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, Business, Education, Health Sciences and Undergraduate Studies. With one of the largest communities of graduate students in the nation, Argosy University offers doctoral and master’s degree programs in Psychology, Business, Counseling and Education. The institution also offers bachelor’s degree programs in Psychology, Business, Liberal Arts and Criminal Justice. Degree level and programs offered vary by location. Argosy University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, California, 94501, http://www.wascsenior.org).
Assistant Vice President Of Academic Affairs
Argosy University - Los Angeles Campus
The Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs (AVPAA) is the principal academic officer for a specific program or programs. Responsibilities include: day-to-day operations, assisting students toward successful program completion and staffing the classroom with instructors who support the mission of the college. The AVPAA is co-responsible with the Campus Director for the fiscal well being of the department as it relates to education. The AVPAA also participates in activities that promote the stature of the department and the college and abides by the mandates set by the Board of Trustees, the President, and the Executive Committee.
Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Argosy University is a private higher education institution whose mission is to provide high-quality education in practitioner fields, employing delivery formats that provide access for students regardless of their geographical location. Argosy University offers general education and professional programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate levels within the behavioral sciences, business, education, information technology, and health-care fields.
Key Job Elements:
• Provide academic leadership and select, train, develop, manage, and lead faculty and staff team members according to the guidelines provided by Argosy University as directed by the Campus Director.
• Provide support to college and community relations activities while planning and implementing a budget including personnel requirements, program expenses, and capital needs.
• Support college programs designed to achieve student completion rates as outlined in the five year strategic plan.
• Collaborate with other Assistant Vice Presidents of Academic Affairs within own school and across schools: scheduling, sharing faculty, and other.
• Other responsibilities as determined by the Campus Director.
• Doctorate degree with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
• Advanced certifications or credits towards further study are highly preferred.
• Held positions of increasingly responsible experience in the industry and/or Academic Affairs.
• Fiscal and personnel management experience.
To review and apply, please complete all requested information on our Career Site for Argosy University, Los Angeles and Education Management Corporation.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.