Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Senior Business Analyst is aligned with a functional business unit and is responsible for leading, planning and implementing the use of technology to support the business’s current and strategic objectives. They will work primarily with internal customers to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate business requirements. Additionally, they will provide coaching, mentoring, and leadership to fellow business analysts. The successful candidate will be able to work under minimal supervision as well within a team environment.
- Proactively partner with the business and establish excellent working relationships with colleagues collaborating cross-functionally to ensure business requirements are identified, documented and approved
• Demonstrate a mastery of the business analysis functions and the ability to provide coaching, mentoring, and leadership to fellow business analysts
• Serve as an expert in understanding and documenting current business processes and have knowledge of the underlying applications, systems & technologies that support them
• Direct and participate in the requirement collection, understanding and documentation of the current and future business needs
• Assist with prioritizing & understanding current business initiatives and identifying the opportunities where technology or automation can add business value
• Ensure quality by designing, reviewing and executing test cases for software development efforts
• Assists in developing the gap analysis and conceptual designs necessary to meet the business objectives
• Effectively and proactively manage customer expectations, throughout the solution delivery process, with the ability to translate technical information for a business audience
• Serve as an expert in how business and IT systems are used and how current work processes are supported by technology.
• Act as the subject matter expert in understanding, gathering, and documenting current business processes
• Collaborates with the customer and IT representatives to understand and document complex business needs
Serve as expert diagramming business processes, completing business cases, understanding business rules, conducting requests for proposals, completing decision matrices and working with vendors and contractors
• Other duties as assigned
Learn More about Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
• BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Communications, Computer Information Systems or related field
• 5+ yrs experience as a Business Analyst role in an IT environment
• Expert knowledge of various Software Development Lifecycle methodologies and requirement gathering techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to gather requirements, to build business cases, to forecast resource capacity, and to calculate ROI
• Demonstrated skills in building and maintaining productive working relationships within a highly-matrixed organization that maintains alignment between business strategy and technology
• Possesses a high level of expertise and knowledge in various business processes (Sales, Marketing, Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance) and understanding of the underlying technologies
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include: Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
• IIBA or CBAP certification or equivalent education through approved providers
• Experience with implementing/supporting various aspects of Software as a Service applications, eCommerce solutions, or Network technologies.
• Strong working knowledge of a distributed manufacturing and sales business model processes such as production, supply planning, EDI, procurement, and inventory management
• Ability to conduct detailed analysis, understanding of emerging technologies, re-engineering business process and recommend necessary changes
• Ability to think strategically and evaluate organizational structure changes that may be required in order to improve business process
• Ability to present ideas, decisions and recommendations that can drive and influence business change
Visit Our Website
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.