| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
|Job Reference Number
The Senior Business Consultant (SMTS) will be responsible for driving sustainable, long-term business change. He/she will advise and provide recommendations to the Internet Sales & Operations (ISO) organization about the strategic operations of technology and collaborate to identify technology solutions that will help achieve the organization’s use of technologies, systems, and innovations as they relate to marketing and sales. He/she will advise and manage technical elements throughout the development, implementation and launch of Omni projects, as well as provide assessment and make recommendations on the multiple tools to support the digital marketing team in support of driving sales and self service transactions.
He/she is a strategic thinker, mixed with the ability to translate strategic plans to tactical execution. He/she would support key business owners with a sound strategy and recommendations for successful evaluation, negotiation, sourcing and training for key tools within Internet Sales & Operations. He/she would be responsible for overall project delivery of identified solutions, and utilizing industry/business best practices to ensure business value is delivered.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create long term strategic roadmap for tools
- Create a Standardized Tool evaluation process (inclusive but not limited to integrations, security, functionality, etc)
- Define best practices and industry standards in Tool selection and implementation
- Define and create technical and business requirements
- Team with IT to create process documentation to ensure technical components are addressed
- Lead project team to successful implementations
- Collaborate with ISO leaders on strategy, translating the ISO vision into technology while also inspiring the shape of that vision by advocating what new technology can enable
- Raise departments overall technical proficiency by nurturing growing technology subculture within marketing, and raising the department’s overall technical proficiency
- Assist in evolving the organization to an analytics driven culture
- Map marketing ideas to technical requirements and new technologies to marketing opportunities
- Liaison between multiple teams including Sales, Support, Analytics, Creative Design and work collaboratively with ISO partners; IT, CRM, MarCom
- Define opportunities and processes to leverage, scale and govern technology
- Partner with business and IT to understand Omni architecture roadmap and determine if selected tools can fully integrate successfully
- Develop project proposals, detailed business cases and high-quality business requirements for new projects.
- Lead successful adoption of new releases including business communication, user training, adoption and user acceptance testing.
- Perform as subject matter expect in tool technology
- Perform ROI analysis
- Assess situations based on strategic and tactical perspective
- Manage team of consultants
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in business consulting, project management and delivery, strategy development, business case development, business analysis and requirements gathering
- Experience in e-commerce and/or marketing departments
- Well-versed with web development, commerce, CRM, Search, Content Management, Analytics, bug data, machine learning, Cloud, Mobile and Social Media
- Knowledge in latest trends and technology on digital marketing tools, analytics and Omni channel
- Ability to work on multiple technologies and how they relate with each other
- Knowledge of Telecommunication/Wireless is a plus
- Knowledge of disparate technologies within commerce space
- Knowledge in technologies such as Endeca/ATG, CQ5, SiteCatalyst, Scene 7, Target
- Understanding of data architecture, data strategy, data governance and stewardship
- Strong facilitation and team management skills
- Ability to work effectively and partner with team members from ISO and partner organizations (IT, CRM, MarCom, agencies, etc)
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker, mixed with ability to translate strategic plans to tactical execution
- Business case, business analysis, requirements development and facilitation skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.