Our views matter. So will yours.
Further information about "working at Moody's" is available at our Careers Page at www.moodys.com Role: Job Summary
The Director – Events & Outreach for the research business, is a key member of the global team responsible for delivering a world class programme of Outreach and Events. This individual will be responsible for a team that drives customer retention, raises the profile of the MA business and creates opportunities for growth. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Leadership: strategic thinking and effective team management
• Leading the MIS Events & Outreach team through effective and collaborative management to drive retention and growth of the content business for MA across the Americas region. This includes the recruitment, training and professional development of staff
• Motivating and inspiring team members to perform at the highest levels; effectively brings people together around planned, as well as ad hoc, tasks and initiatives
• Raising and enhancing the profile of the Event and Outreach and Customer Service teams
• Leads change management initiatives, developing and implementing strategies to ensure minimal disruption and maximum impact
Strategy: creates and implements a vision to ensure business goals and objectives are met
• Leading the development and implementation of an annual business plan and a strategic (long term) and tactical (short term) event marketing strategy for the research business including setting and aligning targets and benchmarks for meetings, roadshows and events
• Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of client base and profiles: applying knowledge to drive the advancement of programs to meet MA’s current and future business objectives
• Seeks and drives opportunities for innovation and enhancement across all areas of responsibilityManaging Relationships: influences stakeholders across the business through excellent interpersonal skills
• Active management of key relationships and influencing at senior levels across the business to create deep partnerships and achieve an integrated approach to research, outreach and strategic priorities
Business Knowledge: incorporates product and sales initiative knowledge into strategy
• Understanding and interpreting the context of sales initiatives and successfully incorporating them into event strategy and planning
• Gain and maintains advanced knowledge of products, particularly in relation to positioning of, and appropriate inclusion, at eventsMarketing and Analytics: enhances client engagement with measurable impact
• Development and application of a consistent, thoughtful and progressive strategy to drive impactful communications with our clients
• Production and presentation of regular and adhoc senior management reporting to include: KPIs, analytics and insights to drive future strategies
• Leads strategy for the on-going identification and engagement of firms and individuals of strategic importance to MA to drive greater investor engagementSystems, Processes and Project Management: delivers local and global operational effectiveness
• Development and proactive management of the annual budget, exercising judgment and good business sense
• Ensures business effectiveness through the development, implementation and promotion of globally consistent best practice and relationships with key groups including Sales, Product Management, and the Rating Groups
• Manages the development of project plans and timelines; effective management of multiple projects to completionQualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree; Finance, Business or Marketing preferred with 10+ years of solid business experience within a financial services organization, including 2+ years of managing people
• Proven track record of effective people and project management and ability to lead change management initiatives
• In-depth knowledge of event management systems; Cvent preferred • Well developed IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, CRM (SFDC preferred)
• Highly organized and efficient team player with excellent attention to detail
• History of building and maintaining positive relationships both internally and externally with senior level individuals
• Must possess a consultative approach and easily develop rapport and trust with multiple individuals and personalities.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and rollout strategic programs with an emphasis on measurement • Good written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills along with the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels of the organization
• Experience working pro-actively; ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Ability to ensure ongoing self-development
Moody’s Analytics helps capital markets and risk management professionals worldwide respond to an evolving marketplace with confidence. The company offers unique tools and best practices for measuring and managing risk through expertise and experience in credit analysis, economic research and financial risk management.
The Customer Service team drives engagement through insightful interactions with our clients. We generate value and confidence in our products and solutions to ensure high levels of retention and satisfaction.
The Americas Event and Outreach Team supports client retention and lead generation objectives across MCO. The team is split into two areas, each with unique deliverables, internal stakeholders and external clients / prospects. The MIS Event team delivers a timely and topical program of activities to our research subscribers and key prospects across the region. The MA Event team delivers range of programs across the ERS, Advisory, Training, Capital Markets and ECCA groups.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $2.3 billion in 2011, employs approximately 6,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 28 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.