The Security Marketing Manager defines, develops and executes the security marketing strategy, including all supporting tactics, for the WESCO security business in order to create demand for products and services, in turn generating core sales growth.
• Develop theannual strategic marketing plan for the security business in coordination withthe VP of Security Solution Sales and the Director of Global Marketing, DataCommunications & Security.
• Direct andcoordinate all marketing programs/tactics for the security business includingexternal demand creation campaigns, advertising, public relations, eventmarketing, market research, business development, database marketing, productmarketing, and internal communications.
• Align withthe WESCO Business Development team for timely follow-up on demand creationcampaigns, and provide regular return-on-investment reporting for allassociated programs and strategic investments.
• Developstrategic demand creation plans to support growth of core manufacturer partners
• Coordinatemarket research projects relating to potential or existing products or services
• Recommendmethods for developing existing or related markets and expanding into new ones
• Developmarketing campaigns, evaluate marketing plans, and develop strategies torespond to changing market and competitive conditions
• Work withinternal and external business partners, including third party marketingsupport firms, to deliver results
• Manage thecreation of marketing collateral, including customer-specific messaging,campaign copy writing, brochures, etc.
• Assist indevelopment of internal and customer-facing training programs
• Leaddevelopment of annual supplier cooperative marketing plans for the securitybusiness
• Maintain adetailed calendar of marketing activities, in coordination with the MarketingCommunications Team, to track progress against annual plan
• Ensurescheduled programs are completed on time and on budget
• Develop,analyze and manage assigned customer marketing budget in coordination with theMarketing Communications Team
• Analyzecustomer sales data to identify opportunities to drive sales growth
• Communicateresults, best practices, and successes
• Supportsales and marketing needs of WESCO operating groups and supplier partners atregional, national and global levels
• Keepinformed of new marketing techniques and the products and services offered bycompetitors
• Performother duties as assigned
• Minimum 5years experience in B2B marketing, preferably in a Fortune 500 company
• Experiencein strategic business planning required
• Experiencein campaign design and lead management strongly preferred
• Distributionmarketing experience a plus
• Experiencein online/digital marketing strongly preferred
• Knowledge ofmarketing strategies and implementation
• Strongcreativity skills and entrepreneurial drive required
• Strongcomputer skills required
• Strongwritten and verbal communication skills required
• Strongresearch and analytical skills required
• Ability tobe highly organized and detail oriented
• Ability tospot new business opportunities and evaluate existing ones
• Ability toinfluence others, meet deadlines, and deliver results
• Ability tomanage conflict and ambiguous situations
• Ability towork in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability totravel EDUCATION
• Bachelor’sdegree required
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.