Company: CHRISTUS Continuing Care
Base Pay: N/A
Other Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry Type: Healthcare - Health Services
Job Type: Health Care
Required Education: Not Specified
Location: San Antonio, TX
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Become part of a team that serves as the backbone of our entire health care system. As such, you can be assured of enjoying a rewarding career. CHRISTUS Health is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for all patients. We are one of the most respected health care systems in the nation that also offers a wide range of opportunities for individuals interested in non-clinical roles. CHRISTUS Health is committed to supporting the development needs of CHRISTUS leaders and Associates in order to help them realize a greater degree of personal and professional achievement and satisfaction. CHRISTUS is committed to providing a total compensation package to fulfill your health, body, mind, and spiritual needs. We support our health ctare teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Clinical pharmacist generalists have operational and clinical responsibilities for patients in their assigned areas and they are based in the central pharmacy. Besides reviewing and entering orders for their patients, clinical pharmacist generalists are involved with providing drug information, assisting with patient safety and quality improvement initiatives, preparing medications, performing the final check of drug products prepared by pharmacy technicians, and facilitating timely delivery of medications. Operations pharmacy generalists also serve as preceptors for pharmacy students and residents. They contribute to pharmacy literature through articles, poster presentations and case reports.
KEY DUTIES/JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides accurate, efficient and appropriate pharmaceutical distribution services to patients by properly interpreting physicians’ drug orders and dispensing the appropriate medications utilizing the accepted departmental programs for these activities.
- Reviews patient medical and pharmaceutical records and monitors for efficient drug therapy, drug interaction, adverse drug reactions, contraindication, allergies and sensitivities.
- Communicates directly with both physicians and nurses regarding questions concerning patient drug therapy.
- Provides expert information to physicians, patients, and others about drugs and other pharmaceuticals with respect to such factors as the appropriateness of drugs in relation to the patient’s condition and drug history; the choice of drugs including dosage form, quantity, methods of administration, and alternative therapy for drugs having undesirable side effects; the pharmacological characteristics of drugs including their effects on the human system and the condition being treated and their chemical interaction with other substances in the patient’s system; and their physical characteristics such as compatibility with other drug forms in which they are or can be manufactured, and expected shelf life.
- Monitors all patient drug therapy for cost effectiveness and communicates all possible cost saving recommendations to patient’s physicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of State and Federal regulations and statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved drugs, controlled substances and investigational agents (JCAHO, OSHA, Medicare/Medicaid standards, and Texas State Board of Pharmacy Rules and Regulations); conducts personal practice in accordance with those requirements.
- Appropriately adapts assigned patient assessment, treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each person served.
- Demonstrates competence to do assigned patient care responsibilities in a way that meets the age-specific and developmental needs of persons served by the department.
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- B.S. Pharmacy or Pharm.D. degree Required.
- ASHP accredited pharmacy practice Residency preferred.
- Previous experience in hospital pharmacy preferred.
Texas Pharmacy license is required.
Sterile Process and Aseptic Technique skill certification required.
- Must have Computer skills and the ability to type, use calculator, facsimile and copy machine.
- May be required to learn computer programs that are important to the performance of the department including spreadsheet, word processing, and database.
- Sterile Process Techniques with automated compounder devices and software knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of repackaging or pre-packing software and hardware is neeed to supervise the work of the technical staff.
- Accuracy in all aspects of position is required.
- Must be articulate and comprehend written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to function efficiently in a stressful work environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Requisition Number: 3008825
DIGNITY - Respect for
the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of
diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor
INTEGRITY - Honesty, justice, and consistency in
EXCELLENCE - High standards of service and
COMPASSION - Service in a spirit of empathy, love,
STEWARDSHIP - Wise and just use of talents and
in a collaborative manner.