Red Classic - Brokerage Coordinator
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated | Jacksonville, FL | Posted 10/25/2014
This position will be supporting Red Classic Brokerage Company who moves orders for Coca Cola as well as for other companies. The primary function of this job will be to perform basic dispatch activities to effectively execute delivery/receipt of goods and materials and secure additional common carriers as needed. The Brokerage Coordinator will work closely with the Logistics Coordinator team to provide excellent customer service to our customer base.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The skills for this position include:
- Book available freight in a cost effective manner
- Source carriers and negotiate rates with carrier base to move available freight
- Schedule pick-up and delivery appointment times
- Communicate effectively with carriers and build relationships via telephone, posting services (DAT, Internet Truck stop, etc.) and other methods as needed
- Communicate effectively with the Customer, Shipper, and Consignee regarding changes in pick-up/delivery and potential service failures
- Communicate customer problems to Management and the Sales Staff
- Document issues with orders thoroughly in the computer
- Pre-plan the use of carriers and equipment for optimal efficiency
- Track/trace shipments when requested
- Assist in P.O.D. retrieval
- Brokerage house experience.
- Experience working with various transportation carriers.
- Understanding of lane and freight cost.
- Transportation systems experience preferred (i.e DAT).
- Experience with negotiating rates with carriers.
- Working knowledge of SAP (preferred).
- Intermediate computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Generate reports/scorecards to document activities and results.
- Intermediate math skills Excellent Communication skills
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (CCBCC) is the nation's largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. We make, sell and distribute Coca-Cola products along with other unique beverages. We operate in 11 states, primarily in the Southeast, with corporate offices located in Charlotte, NC. Our stock is traded on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol COKE.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.