Operations Supervisor - UPS Freight
UPS, Inc. | Columbus, OH | Posted 7/19/2014
UPS Freight, a leader in the LTL trucking industry, is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to produce maximum profit while providing excellent service to the customer. This individual oversees and is directly involved in more than one of the following operations; dock, P&D, and Road Dispatch, including, but not limited to, customer service, productivity, quality freight handling, claims prevention, load average, and safety.
This person will be responsible to:
- Manage, plan, organize, and direct all employees assigned to them
- Manage and implement security and loss prevention procedures
- Prepare and manage safety procedures in accordance with Company, OSHA, and DOT guidelines
- Prepare and implement action plans to ensure the service center achieves planned productivity, load average, cube utilization, and service targets.
- Work with Central Dispatch to develop a linehaul plan to effectively and efficiently move freight to destinations within Company service standards
- Schedule employees in accordance with hours planning, the Company’s run bid process, and service requirements
Not ready to apply?
Living your dreams makes the world work better.
Making the world work better. Faster. Smarter. As the leading package delivery company and global leader in supply chain solutions, we’re passionate about bringing better ways to orchestrate everything from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries. That’s logistics. And that’s exactly what careers at UPS are all about.
Across the skies, oceans and borders, UPS team members deliver on that promise for billions of customers every day. We offer limitless opportunities in a huge range of career areas, so you’re sure to find roles that suit your dreams and your expertise, along with a lifetime of possibilities.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.