Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Axcess Financial is a respected leader in the financial services industry that empowers consumers and businesses with financial solutions. Through multiple professional partnerships, we provide a wide range of convenient, approachable financial products and services that improve our customers' financial situations by meeting their lifestyle and budgetary needs.
Our associates have an unparalleled understanding of our customers' and partners' needs, helping us provide superior customer service. With leaders whose backgrounds include Fortune 500 companies within both the financial and retail industries, Axcess Financial combines financial product expertise with a high level of customer service to give customers and businesses professional, convenient financial solutions.
General Function: Responsible for managing general accounting and financial reporting functions; manage accounting department and financial reporting staff; oversee the consolidation process and preparation of internal and external financial statements; oversee the external audit process and other attestation engagements; oversee the completion and filing of taxation and regulatory filings; oversee the investor relations and reporting function; oversee all special projects as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities
Oversee day-to-day accounting, including Expenses, Accruals, Fixed Assets, Other Assets, Debt, Financial Analysis, Reconciliation, Consolidation, Foreign Currency Translation, General Ledger and other large areas.
For all areas:
• Ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external financial statements and related reporting.
• Review the work of direct reports (Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting Supervisor)
• Work with internal and external customers in order to create well-functioning work relationships.
• Conduct technical research to determine appropriate treatment of accounting transactions and proper presentation of financial statements.
• Consistently review processes and procedures for improvement opportunities and efficiency enhancements. Assist in the development and implementation of new processes and procedures to enhance the workflow of the department.
• Respond to inquiries from the Controller, SVP of Finance, and other finance or company-wide personnel regarding financial results or other special requests.
• Serve as decision support for Executive Management via ad hoc reporting requests and responses.
• Partner with Manager of Financial Systems to optimize all related systems (i.e. GL system, financial reporting, etc.), including ongoing daily performance/reliability, system upgrades/conversions, interdepartmental support, or other system related issues.
• Training of other company management and staff, as needed, on reporting and financial products.
• Manage reporting requests in conjunction with compliance of state and local regulations
Oversee the external audit process and other attestation engagements.
• Ensure the audit process and other attestation engagements are scheduled properly and follow the approved timeline.
• Maintain working relationships with auditors and other public accounting professionals for the US and Foreign audits.
• Respond to inquiries from auditors and other authorities regarding accounting issues, data in reports and financial statements issued by the department, policies, and procedures.
• Coordinate and support the year-end audit, including preparation of year-end financial statements and footnotes, preparation and/or review of year-end audit schedules.
• Coordinate and support subsidiary & third party audit engagements (provide requested documentation, prepare reports, review deliverables).
Oversee tax and regulatory filings.
• Manage relationship with external firm that prepares IRS, state and local tax filings and taxable income estimates for ownership.
• Track filing dates and requirements.
• Ensure filings completed and delivered to government bodies.
• Calculate quarterly taxable income estimates that utilize actual and forecasted balances.
• Make recommendations about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
• Calculate Permitted Shareholder Tax Distributions based on taxable income and other debt covenants.
• Coordinate international tax filings/applications and tax structure with all
• Respond to IRS or state taxing authority requests and serve as lead for any
Manage the Investor Relations and Reporting function.
• Responsible for Investor Relations communication (news updates, quarterly and annual reports, reporting calendars, responses to investors inquiries)
• Maintain Investor Relations website, user access, and distribution list.
• Coordinate the quarterly earnings calls (scheduling the calls, drafting the earnings script, preparing/reviewed call deliverables).
• Track compliance with debt covenants.
• Serve as technical expert/resource for SEC reporting and compliance.
Responsible for special projects in the accounting area:
• As appropriate for the area, lead and/or conduct vendor negotiations for the support, upgrades, or projects.
• As appropriate for the area, participate in company initiatives (such as purchases, sales, etc.), other departmental projects affecting the area, etc.
• Other responsibilities as assigned and deemed necessary.
Manage Accounting and Financial Reporting staff, including Accounting
Supervisor, Staff Accountants, Financial Reporting Supervisor, Financial
Reporting Specialists and Financial Analysts.
For all areas:
• Responsible for all aspects of managing staff related to the respective area, including hiring, initial and ongoing training, daily functions and activities, career development and staff evaluations.
• Accountable for ongoing staff assessment and evaluation so employees understand their performance status and ongoing level of performance expectations.
• Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
• Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises other employees:
Job titles that are supervised by this position, if applicable: Accounting Manager (including team of ~10), Financial Reporting Supervisor (including team of 2)
• 7-10 years of experience in Accounting
• 5+ yrs supervisory experience
• Public accounting and SEC experience
• Strong technical accounting knowledge
• Demonstrated leadership experience in Accounting
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related area
• Certified Public Accountant license
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines