International Financial Services Manager
The International Financial Services Manager is responsible for the management of credit and collection activities for WESCO’s International Businesses. The position is also charged with achieving goals and objectives associated with DSO, past due balances, bad debts, finance charges and claims, as well as budgetary objectives. Coordinates working relationship of Financial Services personnel with persons in all aspects of business: customers, branch manager and personnel, Region Controllers, Sales Directors, and other levels of management.Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Select, manage, evaluate and develop staff. Challenge employees; build effective teams; develop organizational capacity; and provide staff with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities.
• Manage financial tasks such as customer credit approval, maintenance of customer and supplier files, researching and resolving questions from suppliers, customers, corporate, etc.
• Compile, analyze and maintain information on credit worthiness on all customers within assignment
• Maintain lien/bond rights where applicable
• Assist WESCO’s International operations with the opening and establishment of new business operations
• Review and negotiate terms and conditions within scope of limits of authority
• Prepare and submit required reports on timely basis
• Maintain contacts with credit profession and financial institutions
• Continuous education and improvement of skills required to perform job duties; maintain professional competence in compliance of applicable laws
• Develop operational plans to achieve results and ensure alignment with Company goals and objectives.
• Set goals for the work group, manage execution and measure results.
• Manage yearly employee reviews based on performance against measurable objectives
• Document projected revenues and expenditures and submit to management.
• Set and monitor budgets
• Analyze current and historical operations, trends, costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments and obligations.
• Provide assistance with financial functions such as planning, budgeting, consolidation, assessments, cost control, project control, taxes and audits. Assist with preparation of special studies, analyses, and recommendations.
• May act as consultant to management on financial policies, procedures, and applications. Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Willingness to travel as required Strong understanding of international credit and commerce best practicesStrong overall business skills and common sense approach to issues Strong teamwork and collaboration skills Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate complex analytical data for a non-technical audienceAbility to analyze and interpret Financial StatementsAbility to communicate effectively with all levels of the organizationAbility to identify external resources, develop and manage relationships with customers and other service providers externally as well as internallyExcellent analytical skills required to identify and mitigate risks of customer accountsStrong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with a positive dispositionAbility to work effectively with all levels of management to accomplish goals and objectives EXPERIENCE5+ years credit and collections experience with an emphasis on international markets
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.