Report this job
SNI Technology is currently recruiting for a Network Engineer who's role is to ensure the stability and integrity of our client's network, including data and wireless network services. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide training to junior staff. Our client is a broadcast media household name headquartered in Washington DC.
Essential Duties Include:
- Provide detailed network planning, design, and implementation of networking infrastructure and technologies
- Support current operating environment and implement necessary upgrades and enhancements
- Translate business and operational requirements into supportable networking solutions
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Provide network performance statistics and reports
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
- Participate in an on-call rotation for non-business hours support
- Interact with vendors and contractors to secure network products and services
- Share information and knowledge to assist others within the organization
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in networking or computer science. Bachelor’s degree may be substituted by advanced technical proficiency in the areas of network design, planning and implementation.
- Multiple industry certifications appropriate to the field of the concentration of major duties performed
Knowledge & Experience
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with design and implementation of IP Telephony and VOIP technologies is desired
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
- Experience with Cisco routers & switches
- Experience with Multicast protocols
- Experience with load balancers and WAN accelerators (Riverbeds, F5, Netscalers)
- Experience with troubleshooting at all levels (e.g. physical cabling, spanning tree or VLAN issues, routing problems, firewall/NAT rules, etc.)
- Experience with network related software such as Cisco ACS, NetMRI and Solarwinds Orion, Cisco ISE
- Experience with research and evaluation of new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness
- Experience creating detailed systems documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
If qualified and interested, please submit your resume by replying to this ad and/or sending your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
SNI Technology® is one of the fastest growing technology recruitment companies in the country. We uniquely align with our clients and the candidates we represent, because our staff is hired from the industry we serve.
We offer technical talent and employment opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire, and a direct-hire basis in a wide variety of disciplines from helpdesk professionals to the most cutting-edge software architects.
We strive to help clients maintain their corporate strength and focus, while we show our ability to attract top tier technical professionals to supplement or expand their staff. Our recruiting team stays very active in the technology community, so we have specific knowledge of local employment conditions, technical trends, and pending shifts or upgrades that can impact how technology supports your business. We don't tap into the technical community to find the talent you need - we are a part of it.
Whether a system upgrade or a complete software development project is on the agenda; we have proven technology professionals ready to ensure your success.
If you've worked with employment firms in the past, we guarantee you'll notice the positive difference!
now to find out about other job opportunities.
Report this job
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.