| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Senior Engineer System Performance
|Job Reference Number
This position can be located at the Regional Network offices in Central TX (Westlake, TX), Houston Gulf Coast (Houston, TX) or South Central (Little Rock, AR) only
Key focus: ALU SME, Trial coordination and analysis, KPI analysis, Venue performance
- Provide subject matter expertise for ALU hardware/software, provide guidance for market trials, and facilitate sharing best-practices across the Area and Nation.
- Partner with Regions to identify cell clusters and Venues with greatest performance needs and drive improvement until Performance goals are met.
- Coordinate trials and tests of new software, hardware, and design/optimization approaches, ensuring that best practices are followed in creation and implementation of trial MOPs as well as standardizing results to provide ability to compare trial results across the Area and nation.
- Develop/refine methods for measuring Optimization efforts and associated Capacity gains and overall Capital impact/savings
- Pull and analyze Performance data from multiple internal data sources and tools, such as vendor pegs/calculations, drive data, etc.
- Identify Performance and process needs and forge new approaches that maximize both Performance and efficiency.
- Present technical material to Regional and Area leadership, outlining upcoming technology features and impacts, readouts of market-level performance as well as prescriptions for improvement.
- Work with other Area SP teams as well as HQ Planning, Maintenance Engineering, and Service Performance teams to coordinate trial efforts, share best practices, and drive necessary vendor hardware/software enhancements.
- Will typically manage several projects at a time, with supervision, and proactively lead in implementing and supporting implementation of new technologies and system enhancements.
- Engage internal and external tool providers on tool requirements/development, RFPs, and participate in tool trials
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in optimization of ALU LTE
- Antenna design and propagation knowledge required; experience in RF Design a plus.
- LTE network implementation experience (antenna verifications, drive testing, throughput testing, shake downs, system tuning, and problem resolution)
- Familiarity with RF data collection/analysis tools and RF test equipment (e.g. DataPro, XCAL, Actix, Windcatcher ALPT/ELPT, NCWS, frequency scanners, spectrum analyzers).
- Expert knowledge of LTE/VoLTE/EvDO/CDMA air interfaces and Call Flows
- Expert knowledge of ALU LTE hardware/software, pegs & calculations.
- Robust System Performance experience as well as scripting and programming skills.
- Understanding of interference detection and correction techniques.
- Experience with parameter optimization, testing, drive-data and peg count analysis is required.
- Wireless vendor feature or equipment FOA or deployment experience is a plus.
- Intermediate/advanced scripting and programming skills are preferred (PERL, VBA, PHP)
- Work flexible hours and support occasional night or weekend work as needed.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Must have a strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team environment.
- Must have an aptitude for creativity and innovation.
- Must possess a proactive work style with the ability to set priorities, work with minimum supervision and with a diverse group of professionals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively present technical material and interface with all levels of management
- Superior organizational skills; very detail-oriented
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical abilities; strong statistical analysis skills
- Must be highly motivated and resourceful – showing initiative to independently identify issues, come up with timely, creative solutions, and own issues through resolution
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.