Full-TimeNearest Major Market:
All Locations, DE, US Job Description
The Quaker Division of NAPA Auto Parts is currently seeking a Warehouse Manager for its Distribution Center in Middletown, DE.
The Distribution Center Warehouse Manager is responsible to provide and ensure an outstanding level of service in support of our existing customer base and is also responsible to help grow our business base by effectively leading the warehouse team in its mission to fill and ship all parts orders. The Warehouse Manager is accountable to supervise and coordinate all warehouse functions to include shipping, receiving, inventory control, and parts returns. He/She will promote and ensure safe operating conditions, a clean work environment, and continuous training in order to foster a harmonious and highly productive work culture. Reporting to the Distribution Center General Manager, the Warehouse Manager plans for efficient workflow, promotes continuous improvement, acts as a mentor/trainer, and treats his/her team with considerable respect. The ideal Warehouse Manager candidate will have a high school diploma/GED (continuing education/coursework/certifications desired), three years of increasingly responsible experience in logistics, supervisory/management skills, knowledge of the auto industry or a mechanical aptitude, strong customer service experience, a clean driving record, exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong computer skills, the physical stamina to perform all associated duties, and a desire to grow within the company. The individual we seek is high energy, very organized, and has a strong desire to learn every facet of our business in order to quickly take on additional responsibility.
General Position Responsibilities
• Plans and updates layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
• Advises associates on care and preservation of items received, stored and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining and shipping stock; and related problems.
• Studies, records, and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving and excess stock.
• Review records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
• Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
• Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
• Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites work flow.
• Issues written and oral instructions.
• Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
• Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency.
• Maintains harmony among warehouse associates and resolves grievances.
• Adjusts errors and handles complaints.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Designs work flow and procedures and make adjustments as needed.
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
• Responds promptly to customer needs.
• Focuses on problem solving; not blaming.
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions.
• Able to build morale and group commitments to meet and exceed goals and objectives.
• Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
• Always looking for way to improve and promote quality and accuracy.
• Develops and implements cost savings measures; conserves organizational resources.
• Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others
• Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; makes timely decisions.
• Observes safety and security procedures and reports and corrects unsafe conditions. Qualifications
Prevous Warehouse experience Previous managerial experience High energy, personal drive, and self-motivation to accomplish business goals Effective communicator Detail-oriented, strong multi-tasking, and organization skills Computer literate to track, analyze and manage business results Motivated to train and learn Desire to go above and beyond the job description Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check Closing Statement
In the 1920's, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we've sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we're not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don't let our age lead you to believe we can't keep up with the changing times. We're not your grandfather's NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we've adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We're constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we're hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It's an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That's probably one of the reasons you're visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you'll be part a team that's building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.