Capabilities extend through partnerships with a network of 5,600 reliable, local companies in distribution, software and product referencing. Leading brands and strategic partnerships uniquely qualify Rockwell Automation to deliver industry solutions to 80 countries around the world.
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE:ROK), the world’s largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. The company helps customers across a wide range of end markets achieve a competitive advantage for their businesses through leading technologies and a comprehensive portfolio of products, software and services.
With a focus on always putting customers first, anywhere in the world, the company helps manufacturers use industrial automation, information technology, and intelligent motor control to meet their productivity objectives. Capabilities extend through partnerships with a network of 5,600 reliable, local companies in distribution, software and product referencing. Leading brands and strategic partnerships uniquely qualify Rockwell Automation and its roughly 20,000 employees to deliver industry solutions in more than 80 countries around the world. To learn more about Rockwell Automation, please visit us at www.rockwellautomation.com Position Summary
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer participates in the software design activities for a motion control system, with an emphasis on functional safety requirements. Work assignments include requirements analysis, design, coding, and testing of the firmware for a servo drive.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, VetMinimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science.
• At least 6 years of experience in real-time embedded software design using C or C++.
• Familiarity with functional safety requirements for industrial products
• Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills.
• Detail-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• General understanding of 230-480VAC industrial power conversion equipment.
• Experience with motion control systems and/or industrial automation products and environments.
• Experience programming real-time embedded applications using C++/OOD
• Experience applying IEC 61508 functional safety requirements to software design.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at [Click Here to Email Your Resume]