| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
RF System Performance Engineer
|Job Reference Number
Key focus: KPI reporting & trend analysis, KPI deep-dives, Parameter/configuration audits
- Utilize multiple data sources (Vendor pegs/calculations, internal tools) to develop regular reports (weekly, monthly) of KPIs, Performance metrics, and parameter/config audits and regularly distribute to Area SP Team, Area Leadership, and Regions.
- Provide deep-dive trend analysis of South Area KPIs and metrics at cluster/market/Regional level
- Leverage multi-Regional market data trending and analysis to capture and share best practices across the Area
- Engage internal & external tool providers on tool requirements/development, RFPs, and participate in tool trials
- Improve inter-Regional communications of best practices
- Collaborate with other Area SP teams, NSS, HQ Planning, ME, and Service Performance teams to share best practices, coordinate trials, and drive improvements to tools and vendor equipment/software
- Identify opportunities for increased SP efficiencies across all Regions and drive resolutions
- Develop/refine methods for measuring Optimization efforts and associated Capacity gains and overall Capital impact/savings
- Present Performance readouts and technical updates to Area/Regional Leadership
- Regularly produce and share presentations on various network issues and resolutions
- Will typically manage several projects at a time, with supervision, and proactively lead in implementing and supporting new technologies and system enhancements.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in System Performance or RF Design
- Understanding of LTE/VoLTE/EvDO/1x air interfaces and call flows.
- Expert level knowledge of RF Performance tools.
- Understanding of interference detection and correction techniques.
- Experience with parameter optimization, testing, drive-data and peg count analysis is required.
- Programming knowledge and experience a plus: PERL, VBA, PHP
- Proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Must have a strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team environment.
- Must have an aptitude for creativity and innovation.
- Must possess a proactive work style with the ability to set priorities, work with minimum supervision and with a diverse group of professionals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively present technical material and interface with all levels of management
- Superior organizational skills; very detail-oriented
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical abilities; strong statistical analysis skills
- Must be highly motivated and resourceful – showing initiative to independently identify issues, come up with timely, creative solutions, and own issues through resolution
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.