Out with the old... IN WITH THE ROO!
As the leading convenience store operator in the southeastern United States, The Pantry understands that providing a fast, friendly & clean shopping environment in convenient locations is what brings customers into the stores and keeps them coming back. The company's commitment is to deliver this experience for customers at more than 1,650 locations in 13 states.
► Store Manager Trainee
This position is responsible for completing a training program which involves learning store or business unit management principles through a combination of study, workshops and “on-the-job” training. The Management Trainee is assigned to a Store Manager and works with the training and development staff to develop a personal job training schedule based on trainee’s education and previous work experience.
Leadership and Talent Management
- Foster a customer driven culture that supports outstanding customer service.
- Cultivate and maintain a sales-focused climate, focusing on suggestive selling and growing the business.
- Instill proactive customer service behaviors in the store teams via ongoing coaching and training of all team members.
- Learn how to build a talented store team by recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and developing store associates which are dedicated to extraordinary guest experiences.
- Demonstrate ownership by clearly communicating expectations to the store team, and holding themselves and others accountable for the results.
- Promote a high energy work climate that maximizes the potential of all associates and exemplifies Kangaroo Express’s commitment to excellence.
- Maintain store conditions and merchandising standards in a manner that is consistent with our “Fast, Friendly, and Clean” culture.
- Uphold company and customer expectations by providing appealing store conditions.
- Understand how to track and analyze store financial performance; identifying problems and implementing solution.
- Partner with the Store Manager to develop action plans which generate additional customer counts, increase revenues, and manage expenses.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Associates (2-year) or Bachelors (4-year) degrees is desired.
Minimum 1 to 2 years of industry experience or knowledge or applicable retail experience
Management Trainees must complete all training and performance requirements in a satisfactory and timely manner.
GREAT BENEFITS (All benefits are subject to certain eligibility requirements)
Health Plans – Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision , Employee Assistance Plan
Financial – 401 (k) Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts
Life Insurance – Group Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Spouse/Child Life Insurance
Paid Time off – Vacation
Join us in a “Fast, Friendly, and Clean” environment at Kangaroo Express. Our application process may take up to 30 minutes to complete. We hope you’ll join us!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.